7:.

"Akiko. Please wake up. We need to go." I watch her eyes open slowly ,and a pang of worry emitted in my chest. She looks so tired and fragile. I wonder if it is such a good idea to take her out of bed.

"(y/n). Did you get my oranges?" She asked as she weakly attempted to sit herself up.

I gave her a guilty smile and gently eased her back down. "I'm sorry. I don't have them. Something came up, and I had to leave the town without them."

Her brows scrunched up in confusion. "What's wrong? Did something happen while getting the money?"

"Everything is fine. It is just the town doesn't have as much money due to greedy tax collectors, so we need to move to a better town." I watched the worry in her eyes clear up and almost sighed with relief. "Don't get up though. Shin is going to help you out of bed. Okay?"

Akiko nodded her head. She grabbed her stuffed animal and hugged the bunny close to her chest.

I backed out of the tent and nodded towards Shin. He understood and entered the tent. I heard shuffling and a few coos before Shin emerged carrying Akiko in his arms. Akiko's eyes wandered and landed on the odd trio. "Who are they? Are you sure we're not in trouble? And where is Ruth?" She whispered.

Shin tensed up and nervously looked to the side. "It's okay. These are just some...friends. They offered to travel with us for a little while. Ruth went to town with another new friend to get their horses."

"Hmm, alright. Well, it's nice to meet you!" She exclaimed before coughing into the crease of her arm.

I see Mitsuhide give her a soft smile "It is nice to meet you too. My name is Mitsuhide and this is Zen." 

Zen also smiled sweetly and waved in her direction."It is nice to finally meet you. Your friends have told us so much about you. Don't worry. My friend is a doctor. She will help you get better while we are traveling. We need to find her first though."

"Okay! Thank you so much mister Zen!" Akiko tried to smile but was interrupted by an aggressive cough. I watched the fragile girl with a worried gaze.

I saw Mitsuhide reach to the side of his belt and retrieved a canteen full of what I assume to be water. He twisted the cap off and handed it to Akiko. She took it with a shaking hand and let the liquid coat her throat.  I watched as her chest stopped heaving, she slowly began to relax.

"Thank you" I said softly. My words directed to Mitsuhide.

"You don't have to thank me. Everyone should help a child in need." He said with a foreign look in his eyes. "I've seen so many children in need over the years. Giving her some water to drink is just a simple act."

I found myself smiling at his words and nodded in agreement.

"Master! We're back with the horses" I looked behind me and saw Ruth and Obi walking towards us.

"It's about time! I was beginning to think you ran away again." Zen huffed as Obi guided the horse towards us. "Give him a horse, so he can place the child on it."

Obi nodded his head and quickly escorted the a horse towards Akiko. Shin placed her on the horse then turned his attention to Ruth. "You did a bit of walking today. Do you want to ride with her and make sure she doesn't fall off?"

"I thought you'd never ask. The idea of taking another step makes my feet ache even more." Ruth exclaimed. She then took Shin's extended hand and allowed him to help her onto the horse. A blush formed on her cheeks before she muttering a shy thank you.