11

I TOLD HIM TO FUCK HIMSELF AND WALKED AWAY

While I'm walking to the tutoring session Carter jogs up to me

"Hey" He breathes out as we enter the tutoring center to see Nathan and Haley kissing.

"Hey Haley" I smile at the brunette girl while Carter greets Nathan with some handshake. "Alright so what math problems are we gonna tackle today?" I ask with a smile as I set my math textbook on the table.

"We actually have a practice test. I can't help you so go for it" I groan but grab the test booklet from him and begin taking the test. Within twenty minutes I finish and Carter grades it. "Why'd you leave these blank?" He asks pointing to a few blank problems.

"I didn't know how to do them" I shrug and he chuckles.

"You can't just leave 'em blank on tests, you're not even trying" He complains and I roll my eyes.

"I am trying!" I whine.

"No you're not!" He argues.

"Yes I am! I'm sorry that we can't all be fucking math geniuses Carter" I yell at him.

"But you're not, I know you can do these problems yet you didn't even try" He retorts. "You can't just ignore the problem, hoping it'll go away. Maybe if you just talked about it, you would find a freaking solution!" He exclaims throwing his hands in the air.

"I am trying, Carter!" I grab my book and put my bag on. "If you can't see that then maybe I should get a new tutor" I walk past Nathan who lowly whistles, making me roll my eyes while Haley smacks his arm. As I'm walking out of the room I run into Bevin.

"What's got you all red sighted?" She laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Stupid tutoring" I grumble and she smiles.

"Oh, yeah, did you finally admit your feelings for each other?" She questions as she pulls me to a table in the courtyard.

"No, I don't know anymore. He says all these things and I can't help but wonder if they have an underlying meaning" I ramble on as Bevin listens to me. "I wanna talk about the kiss but every time I see his face I wanna kiss it again and that scares me" I finish with a deep breathe.

"Then tell him that, I can assure you that he's in deep too. Everyone sees the way he looks at you, it's not just tutoring" She says with a sad smile before patting my arm and getting up. As soon as she walks away I groan and put my head in my hands as the bell rings.

***

"Hey" I say softly as I sit down across from Carter. He pulls out his earbuds and looks at me with a straight face. "Sorry, just give me a second to swallow my pride. I'm ready to stop ignoring the problem" I give him a small smile.

"Well it's about damn time" He replies.

"So, um, sorry I don't know how to start. Clearly I'm not good with feelings and confrontation and shit. The kiss, that's what I wanna talk about" I say while nervously biting on dead skin of my lips.

"So talk about it" He says in an obvious tone.

"You know what, this is why I don't talk about shit with you because you're so infuriating! I'm putting myself out here and you're being a literal dick" I take a deep breathe before pointing at him. "Fuck you" He lets out a small laugh as I storm away across the courtyard.

"What the hell was that?" Bevin matches my steps and grips my arm pulling me to a stop before we enter the school.

"I tried talking about it and he was a fucking douche so I told him to fuck himself and walked away" I reply with a shrug and she rolls her eyes.

"You're so dramatic, I'm sure he didn't even mean it like that so walk your skinny ass back to that table and actually talk about it" She orders, making me groan. "Yup, turn around. Start walking" She crosses her arms as I walk back across the courtyard.

"Hi, I'm back" I say once I reach Carter. He looks up and laughs.

"What? Done being a drama queen?" He questions with a smirk. I mimick his laugh as I sit down across from him.

"So, the kiss. It scares me because most of my kisses lead to sex and that's that. Nothing to talk about after or discuss, simple sex. But our kiss lead to smudged lipstick and this messy conversation" I ramble while looking at a tree near his head.

"It can lead to sex if you want" He suggests with a smirk. I roll my eyes and grab my bag as I get up. "Kidding, I'm kidding. It's fine, Del. It doesn't have to lead to anything, just think of it as a simple kiss. It was spur of the moment and we got caught up in the truth or dare game" He explains with a smile. My heart internally crushes as he says it was a simple no meaning kiss.

"Okay" I reply in a small voice. "Bye Carter" I give him a smile and wave as I walk away from the table.

"Bye Adalia" He sends me a smile back before returning to his homework.

~~~~~~~~~~
HI IM BACK FROM THE DEAD, still no laptop and this chapters so short because Adalia didn't really fit into the episode but slowly I'm gonna start the next episode and hope she fits. SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE AND WAIT IM TRYING.

Thanks for all the love on the book despite it taking a little break.

XOXO