SIX

SOME ADVIL

"Okay. What does this dress say to you?" Mom asks while Lucas and I are eating in the kitchen.

"Uh, beware of crazy ladies who talk to dresses?" Luke answers and I hit him on the arm.

"I think it's nice" I say and she smiles at me.

"Single and successful or married to her work?" She asks us.

"Is this for that justice league thing?" Luke asks.

"Small bussiness league, and yes. It's one of the few times a year I get to dress up and I'd like to look nice" She explains.

"Well, is Keith still your date?" Luke asks and I dramatically gasp.

"Oh my god. You have a date!" I exclaim, excitedly. "Sad that even my mom gets more than me" I joke, causing mom to roll her eyes.

"You don't need to be 'getting any'. But he's not my date. We're just going together. Why would you say that, Luke?" She says while still examining the dresses.

"You guys hang out a lot. You get along well" Luke explains.

"Yeah, well, I get along with the guy who delivers our water. Doesn't mean I'm gonna date him" She says with a slight laugh.

"But the water delivery guy isn't Keith" I point out and Lucas nods in agreement.

"Where is this coming from?" She asks.

"Well, you know, I've been thinking, you know, and you're not exactly old, mom" Luke says.

"Thanks, I think" She replies.

"He's saying that we'd be alright with it. Besides you definitely need to start putting yourself out there more" I say.

"Well, thank you, Cupid's. Now, help with the dresses, please" She holds up the two dresses again.

"Black" Luke and I agree.

"Black it is" She says before going to walk back to her room, but she stops halfway down the hallway and turns to us again.

"Keith didn't say something to you, did he?" She asks.

"Oh, you mean about the date that you two aren't going on tonight?" I sarcastically ask.

"Not a word" Luke responds, making my mom laugh.

"Good luck with your guys game" She says with a raised eyebrow.

"You too, sexy mama!" I joke and she lets out a dry laugh as she walks down the hall.

***

"Carters looking pretty damn fine out there" Bevin says, making me roll my eyes. Tonight we had a home game against the Pirates, which we always won.

"I don't like him, he's just my tutor" I deny while watching him. He catches my eye and gives me a smile before making a three-pointer. He sends me a wink before jogging over to Whitey.

"He's totally into you" Bevin says and I laugh.

"He's totally a fuckboy" I respond.

Lucas and Nathan got in a fight in the middle of the game, throwing punches at one another. They both got kicked out of the game, and on top of that, the fight was right on top of Brooke and I. She hurt her ankle while I hurt my wrist, so we're at the trainers office now.

"Ah, too tight" Brooke groans as he wraps her ankle.

"There. How's that?" The trainer asks.

"Too loose" he begins to tighten it when Brooke throws her head back in pain. "Ow, too tight" She complains.

"So, you're in college, right?" I ask as he finishes wrapping her ankle.

"Junior" He answers.

"You know, we love college guys" I say while sending Brooke a wink and she nods with a smirk.

"Two more years, you'll be a doctor" Brooke says, making him chuckle.

"Not exactly" He responds.

"So, tell me, Dr. college boy if you wanted to get us something for the pain you could, right?" I ask while walking closer to him so my hands gently rested on his forearm.

"Well, the team doctor would have to..." He trails off when Brooke slides her legs up so he can see under her skirt.

"I could— I could maybe do that" He says as he pulls out an orange medicine bottle. "Wait, you two aren't cops, right?" He asks.

"No" We both reply while laughing.

"One? We both need one for tomorrow, and the day after that. Please" I pout and he smiles before handing us each two more.

"Okay, here's the thing. These are really strong pain-killers so just take one every twenty-four hours" He explains while getting us water, we both swallow all three little pills.

"Oops, all gone" We laugh and he stands there, frozen. Brooke and I laugh before stumbling out of the room to Peyton.

"Hey, you" Brooke exclaims before running into Peyton's arms while I stand next to Bevin who was waiting for me

"Hi" The personal trainer says to Peyton and Bevin as we hug them.

"This is my best friend in the whole wide world. Don't you think she's pretty?" Brooke says with a smile.

"What is this?" Peyton asks the guy.

"They found some pills on the... floor. They'll  be fine. Just let them sleep it off" He says before walking off.

"Call me!" Brooke calls out and I laugh at her while still hugging Bevin.

"Okay, lets go. I've got a long car ride home with you.

"Let's go for a walk!" I suggest when I see Carter walk by with the rest of the team. "Carter!" I call out, making him turn around and smile at me.

"Del, what's up?" He asks with a smile.

"You looked really good night" I laugh as Bevin trails behind me. "I-I mean like game play wise, obviously" I stutter and his eyebrows raise at my slightly slurred words. His eyes flicker  behind me to Bevin before looking back down at me.

"Ar-Are you drunk?" He furrows his eyebrows and I giggle.

"No, I just got some—" Bevin cuts me off from next to me.

"She got some Advil for her wrist" Bevin corrects as she watches all the parents walk by us.

"Ah, I see. You know I thought I looked pretty good tonight too" He teases with a smile and I laugh some more.

"I really like this blue jersey, why don't up guys wear them more often?" I ask as I put a hand on the jersey. He chuckles as he grabs my wrist lightly.

"I gotta get to the bus before Whitey leaves without me, you get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow" He smiles down at me as he puts my hand back by my side.

"Bye Carter" I wave as he slowly walks towards the exit of the school.

"Oh yeah Del, you're in deep" Bevin pats my shoulder as we walk to her car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MY GOAL FOR THIS CHAPTER IS 4 LIKES AND 2 COMMENTS

hi loves I'm still looking for books but also kinda wanna write a book like not a fan fiction or based on a show, have full freedom to do what I want with it, thoughts?

xoxo