ONE

STICKY MAGAZINE PAGES

Adalia Scott.

I stood on the sidelines of the basketball game, cheering on the players. Nathan, my ass of a half brother, is on fire all throughout the game. When I see Whitey bench him I let out a little giggle, making Peyton, his girlfriend, glare at me.

Eventually Whitey had to let Nathan play again because we were losing. Sadly, he makes the game winning shot and I feign happiness for him.

"Hey girly, are you coming to the school bus party after the game?" Begin asks me with a smile.

"No, I've gotta write this big essay for English" I answer with an eye roll, making Bevin laugh and wave to me.

***
"Oh my god, last night we totally got busted by cops. I got a drinking ticket, my mom is so pissed she grounded me" Bevin complains as she catches me walking out of school.

"That sucks, maybe you should've came over and helped me with my English essay" I joke, earning a light shove from my blonde best friend.

"Whatever, we better get to practice before Queen Brooke cuts our heads off" Bevin begins to tug my arm to the locker rooms to change. When we arrive Brooke is having a 'team talk'.

"I know that some of you were at that bus last night, I hear everything. I'm disappointed that you would risk ruining our season for a drink. Just know that practice will be hell for the ones who were there" Brooke warns, her eyes landing on Bevin for a second.

***

"Hey mom, Del" I give a small smile to my twin brother as he walks into my moms cafe.

"Hey hon" My mom greets him back while cleaning off the counters.

"It smells good in here" Lucas looks at my mom for a second before opening his mouth again. "Did you change your hair?" My mom laughs at his question as if it was the most bizarre statement she'd ever heard.

"If by 'change' you mean 'dragged a brush through it' then yeah" I smile at my Moms reply.

"Well, it looks nice" Luke comments.

"Suck up" I jokingly mumble loud enough for both of them to hear, causing my mom to glare at me.

"Thank you" She smiles at Luke before Haley comes in with a magazine in her hand.

"The magazine pages are sticky again. Little perv. Oh. Hey, Luke. You been reading this?" She holds up the magazine and I laugh.

"Is that the 'why do I hang out with these people?' issue, because you two are on the cover of that, right?" I roll my eyes while Haley scoffs.

"No, actually, it's the 'my best friends an idiot' issue, and there you are" She sends him a sarcastic smile and Luke scoffs while I laugh at their friendship. They're so getting married one day.