Chapter eleven

So, it´s been a while huh? I was so suprised when I saw that I almost had 500 reads, I´m so happy! :D Thanks to all of you who reads, votes and comments, it really makes my day even if you don't believe it. So I don´t really know how to continue, really sorry to tell you. I´ve been working and been busy, it´s swedish summer, rain, sun and festivals. My priority is my family and friends, writing comes in second hand. So I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

*

you're the reason that i breathe 

I want you to know that

if you were to leave

then  I couldnt go back

my life would be incomplete

without you here

you're the reason that I breathe

Lee Car- Breathe

Trey POV

I always thought that angels were created for gentleness, to protect with the fierceness of a lion, and the most important – to not shed a single drop of blood. We were meant to keep people from dying – not to kill. I was so naïve. All I want to do right now is to laugh for being so stupid. Peace, a powerful word. But right now it has no meaning. The cruel world shows no mercy. Angels protect, and angels kill.

/flashback/

“The … fallen?” I asked. She nodded.

“What’s that?” I said, I´ve never heard of the fallen.

“The fallen, demons. The ones who turned their back against God, they are pure evil, everyone are born good, but what the fallen do are tragic. They raise babies to be evil, and they have our fallen angels on their side too!” she said with a broken voice. This seemed to be serious. I was paralyzed, shock ran through my body and I couldn’t think straight.

“I have to go!” She said sadly. She can’t, was not her fight.

“No, I´ll go!” I held her and looked straight into her stunning eyes.

“You can’t, this involves the person I´m supposed to protect. I´m the protector, I have to go!” she said. After a moment that seemed like an eternity, she spoke again.

“You have someone to protect too, I know that it’s a chance that I won’t come back. I love you” she whispered the last part as a tear found its way down her cheek. She seemed so afraid, my little mate.

“Don’t go, I can’t live without you!” I begged her, I had tears running freely down my cheeks.

“Hey, don’t cry. Be a man.” She smiled sadly, told a joke to make us feel better but no one was laughing.

I couldn’t do anything, just sit there and watch while she disappeared from my sight, right into death. I hoped, prayed for her. I knew that Jacob was going to be there also, and I hoped that he would help me keep an eye on her.

//flashback end//

My eyes opened another flashback dream. I threw away the thing that was closest to me, which happened to be a lamp. It was flying into the wall and a crashing sound was made. Ever since she´s gone I can’t control my temper, I lose control, I kill and sin. Can someone save me from this darkness? I´m going mad, I can feel it. If no one saves me, I´ll break everything I see, even my friends and family.

I will never forget, nor will I forgive. It is Jacob´s fault that Rose died that night. It could easy been prevented, why? Of all the angels that fought, why did she have to die? I shook my head, I trusted him with her life, yet he failed me. He promised me that she would return, safe and sound. My mate, he took her away, and as soon as I find out who his mate is, she will be dead. He has to experience the pain I have gone through, a taste of hell. How could life be so unfair? I´m starting to wonder if I´ve done bad things in my previous life, otherwise fate wouldn’t be so cruel. Betrayed by my best friend, or should I say that he lied to me? From brothers to enemies.

Jacob POV

“Thanks for everything guys!” I said, putting a fake smile on my face. Everyone was happy, maybe most of the angels having a hangover, but they were still happy for me – turning 50. I wasn´t that happy, I haven’t found my mate but I guess that it´s common. I´ll search worldwide to find my mate, anything for her.

“So where are you going?” Ethan asked, he looked happy. After all he found his mate and I´m happy for him. Natalie is an amazing girl and they fit like two puzzle bits together. I´m really happy because I know that Ethan is a good guy that will treat her right, like she deserves to be. No, she hasn’t been treated good in her life, but I´m not going to give you any details, it’s not my story to tell.

Anyways, it was time for me to fly down to earth again, leaving heaven above me. I actually missed earth, I don’t know why but whenever I was down there I felt complete and peace in my mind. I was aware that Trey sooner or later would attack again, but I don’t really know what to do. What I have done is not a crime; I was fighting and couldn’t protect Rose. I was just doing what I have been told to, it was not my main priority to protect her. Perhaps I shouldn’t have promised him that night. I felt my feet touch the ground and that way I knew that I was down on earth again. It was night, and the stars were shining brightly against the black sky. My wings disappeared and instead of the wings a tattoo appeared on my back.

I was standing in front of the door of Mr. and Mrs. Smith´s house. I opened the door with the key I got, and headed to my room quietly, it was night and I didn’t want to wake someone up. I fell asleep instantly into a dreamless sleep.

When I woke up I realized that I had school, I dragged myself to the closet and changed into a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I brushed my teeth and headed to school by my car. Today I was going to see her again, oddly, she´s been on my mind since I came back to earth. I tried not to think about her but she was always on my head.

*

At school I met her, she was smiling and stunning beautiful. Why was I feeling like this? I´ve never thought that before.

“Hey Jake, where were you this weekend? I tried to find you but I didn’t!” I heard a voice and turned around. Some boy was looking at me smiling, oh, it was David, that boy was wild. And when I say wild, I mean it. He parties like a crazy beast, his parties are known for always getting out of control. Fights, drugs, alcohol, you name it.

“Did I miss something?” I said grinning, playing along with him, his party couldn’t beat mine. Well I wasn’t happy at my own party but it was a success.

“Yeah, definitely, I threw a party last Saturday and it was crazy! Even the cops couldn’t resist dancing when they arrived to my house” He said and laughed. Told you he´s crazy!

“Man you´re crazy” I said and laughed with him. Somehow we dropped the subject about where I was this weekend. Not a hard thing to do, change a subject. When I talked to David, I felt a strange pull, like a power that wanted to drag me somewhere. It took quite a lot powers to resist the pull. And also, something smelled so incredible nice, my favorite scent – feminine, soft, fresh and strawberries. Innocent and a lot of positive words, imagine the things you love the most and you´ll understand what I mean. Like food when you´re starving and water when you´re thirsty. In the middle of my thinking someone bumped into me. I met that persons eyes and I was speechless, stunned. I couldn’t believe my eyes, and my knees grew weak. This just couldn’t be true.

*

You like? Cliffhanger? ;) Comment, what do you think? And if you got any ideas for this story don't hesitate to message me. Support me by comment and vote! :D

xoxo

ForgetForgive