2. Cross Connections

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading! Inline comments will be love :)

~•~

She smiled to herself as she opened the file and a picture of her and Manik popped out of it suddenly. He held her waist, pulling her closer while they both seemed to be laughing away on their own joke while Cabir had clicked this picture when they all had gone for a small trip.

She caressed his smile with her thumb. Between so much work pressure and responsibilities, she missed this Manik. The Manik who laughed carefree, who was himself before being someone else. Not that he had changed, but that he was someone today. And with great power, come great responsibilities.

Taking her phone to herself, she immediately typed him a message.

"Hey hubby! :*"

Leaving her phone aside, she re-opened the file. But she couldn't concentrate at all, because all her mind was at the phone, desperately waiting for him to message back.

"Hey wifey! Someone seems free and in a super good mood today. ;)"

He hadn't winked, but with the wink emoji, she could imagine him winking, biting his lower lip and giving her his contagious smile and that itself made her smile as she felt the sudden butterflies rising in her stomach.

"That I am. Why don't you come over? Let's have some fun...," she replied back as she but her lower lip with a crazy smile on her lips. She was never this way, never so bold. Always the shy types, but in these years, she changed a whole lot for the better. His love changed her.

"Some office work pending. I'd see in just some time. Wait for me baby ;)", came the quick reply and the red hue crept over her face as she closed her phone putting it aside. She was waiting for him to come and love her till forever.

It was an off day for her and a knock disturbed her thoughts. She being the closest to the main door decided to go for it, rather than calling for help.

Opening the door, she was welcomed by a huge, huge bouquet of red roses, her favourite. Taking it from the man, she thanked him as a mint note plopped up from between the flowers.

"Until I come, let this make you happy. ~M"

She knew exactly who this was and she couldn't help but smile at the adorable things her husband does. People say that years after marriage, everything changes. With responsibilities, the love fades away. But she was glad this wasn't the case with her and Manik. Their love was different, pure and blissful.

She'd just settled herself admiring the flowers, when there was another knock.

"Manik...," she whispered to herself biting her lip as she flung to the door with a crazy smile, only to be welcomed by another surprise.

It was not the person she expected, but a girl, just her age standing with a familiar smile and face.

"Chanduu!!" She squeaked in utmost happiness as she saw her cousin, Chandni who smiled and reciprocated the hug of pure sisterly love. Chandni had always been her partner in crime and the soul sister we read about in movies.

"My god!! Why didn't you inform me? Baby, I missed you so much!" She pulled her to the living room while Chandni just smiled, but the smile never reached her ears. There was something missing, there was no spark on her eyes like the usual times. She seemed lost and faded. Something wasn't right, and Nandini knew that the moment she saw her soul sister.