:CHAPTER 16:

The last week of September (and celebrating Germany's qualification for the World Cup) has come and gone, and now it is the beginning of October. In Germany, October is important since it means that Oktoberfest is happening and Bundesliga is in full swing. But for Stefanie, the month of October is important for a different reason: it's the beginning of hockey season. And like the authentic Canadian she is, she goes all out for it. On the morning of October 4th, she is really conflicted. She is currently standing in front of all her hockey jerseys, trying to pick just one. She sighs in frustration and sits down on her couch. I never knew that I will be having trouble picking a jersey, she thinks, blowing hair out of her face.

Stefanie gets up and paces around the room, trying to come up with an outfit. She is still pacing around the room when she hears her phone go off. She goes back to the couch to grab her phone, and sees that it is a text from Erik. After the qualifier, he has started to send her texts in the morning, which she finds as really cute.

Erik 🐝😆
Guten morgen :3

Stef 😜
Guten morgen :)

Erik 🐝😆
How are u on this fine morning?

Stef 😜
Indecisive.

Erik 🐝😆
Hm with what?

Stef 😜
This sounds really stupid but I don't
know what hockey jersey to wear

Erik 🐝😆
Why wear a hockey jersey when you
can wear my jersey

Stef 😜
Hockey season starts today so
that's why dummkopf

Erik 🐝😆
I thought I fully converted u to fußball
And I think you would look better in
my jersey ;)

Stef 😜
U haven't and also shut up

Erik 🐝😆
;)))

Stef 😜
Can u just come over and help me
pick please

Erik 🐝😆
Hm, only if u make ur amazing poutine

Stef 😜
Ugh ok

Erik 🐝😆
Be there in 15 :)

Stefanie giggles to herself, finding Erik's boyish nature really cute and funny. She gets off the couch and takes her jerseys to their proper place. She then heads to the kitchen to make the poutine she promised. She gathers her ingredients and starts to make the Canadian traditional food. There are still about 10 minutes left of cooking when she hears a knock at the door.

"It's open!" she yells, having her hands busy.

She hears the door open and close, and then a weight on her left shoulder. She looks away from what she is doing and turns to see Erik's chin resting on her shoulder. She giggles at him, then turns back to her cooking.

"Is it done yet?" pouts Erik.

"You're so impatient," complains Stefanie.

"I'm not So Impatient," he says, trying not to laugh, "I'm Erik."
Stefanie just stops what she is doing and turns to face Erik, who has removed his chin from her shoulder. She shakes her head, can't believing that he just dad joked her.

"I can't believe you had the guts to dad joke me," she says, trying not to laugh.

"Hey it was an opportunity that I couldn't miss," Erik says with a wink, prompting Stefanie to push him. He chuckles and she rolls her eyes, turning back to her cooking. In the corner of her eye, she sees Erik head to the couch where Thor is sleeping on a pillow. He sits down next to the cat, who meows as a greeting, and starts petting him. Stefanie giggles at the adorableness of the two, and starts to drain the potato slices. She puts them on a paper towel and pats them dry. She takes out two plates and evenly separates the slices between the plates. She pours gravy and sprinkles cheese over the plates, then takes them in her hands and heads towards to couch. She hands one of the plates to Erik, who takes it hungrily.