Chapter 29 -- Chloe

Start from the beginning

Really stupid. 

"Cody! Cody..."  I hissed through mind-link, trying to get my beta's attention but failing to hear anything in return. They must have blocked off any mental communication within this room (Like we had back home with the prison), hence the coms. Stupid Chris!

At least he knows the location I was at before I was knocked out...

The door clicked and groaned loudly as a tall, thin man along with two other larger guys who wore sweat shirts and bottoms emerged from the heavy door. The tall man wore a suit, as he practically skipped up to me once he noticed I was awake with a wide grin on his face.

"Look at you!" He practically cheered, coming to a stop in front of my 'cage'. From what I could tell, he wasn't a wolf. I wasn't sure what he exactly was; but he definitely wasn't all there if you catch my drift. However I said nothing and didn't move as I glared at the three men in front of me, analysing the situation. "How are you feeling?"

The two guys were obviously shifters, as they had the build and height however they looked lower-rank, meaning I could take them out. The main guy? He resembled a tooth-pick. I could probably kill him with a dirty look.

"Huh, a quiet one aren't ya? Are you hungry? You've been out for quite some time." He commented, getting out a tray of cooked meat from the counter and motioning for one of the guys to open the door. The one on his left nodded and brought forward some keys, unlocking the cell door and therefore allowing 'Malcolm' to come in.

Come closer you bastard so I can snap your neck!

"Ohohoh! I see your wolf is trying to make an appearance, well by all means! Don't be shy on my account! I'm dying to see him." He said, setting the food down and leaning in closer. Who the hell was this guy? "No? Oh alright then. Perhaps later... now eat, you need to keep your strength up!"

I glanced at the pile of limbs in the corner, and he saw.

"Don't worry, its chicken. That stuff is to go to the troll clans up north. You'd be surprised how many of them like wolf meat! It's a delicacy up there, did you know? They prefer it in human form though, minds for less chances of fur.

"Oh and umm, I hope you don't mind but, your friends... well waste what not want if you catch my drift; I hope you understand." He added, my gut dropping at his words. The entire group... gone... "However, you really are young though... You know when I first heard that your pack was in town, I almost didn't believe it. But here you are in the flesh; the big bad wolf... not so much now, huh? How is your mate by the way? Keeping warm?" he taunted, as I slowly seethed beneath my breath, that little bastard. Fighting an inner battle, my neck clicked and almost crunched in protest as I fought control. I could feel my eyes slowly darken as I took deep breaths.

"...What do you want?"

He crouched down to my level, lining his face with mine, "Oh he speaks! And to answer your question, what does anybody want these days? I need information. Knowledge is power or so they say.  And right now, theoretically you're the most powerful person in this room; theoretically of course."

"What sort of information?"

He smiled, happy that I was cooperating for now, "I need to know where the elders are meeting. A friend of mine has an interest in the matter."

The elder meetings were kept a secret from the majority of the shifter race for this particular reason.  Their location was kept hidden, as they were much more vulnerable to attacks due to their age (They weren't called elders for nothing-- Heck the youngest one to date is Hamish, the man who attempted to get Danny to settle in once she arrived at the house; and he's about 70). But, they were the peace keepers of our lands. Each pack had one or one pending. Hamish was ours and with him and the others they maintained the laws of the land. Persecuting the guilty and helping the innocent.