Chapter 5

(Y/N) placed the tea towel on the kitchen bench as she put away the last dish

'And that's the end of that,' (Y/N) thought.

"(Y/N)!!! Did you put away the dishes?!" (Y/A/N) bellowed, her voice reverberating throughout all walls and ceilings of the house.

"Yes, most certainly." (Y/N) replied.

"Good," (Y/A/N) walked into the kitchen. "I'm going to rake up the leaves outside and you're going to mop the floors in here."

"Yes," (Y/N) obeyed.

"Wipe these floors clean, wipe them the f**ck clean because if you don't you'll know what's going to happen." (Y/A/N) had a dark tone noticeable in her voice.

(Y/A/N) grabbed her coat off of the clothing rack next to the kitchen entrance, put on her hat and made her way outside.

(Y/N) went to the broom closet and pulled out a mop and bucket, she went to the laundry and filled the bucket with warm water and deposited soap into it. After that, (Y/N) took the mop and bucket to the kitchen and began wiping the floors.

A cool breeze entered the kitchen from the window behind (Y/N), it sent a shiver down her spine as she continued to rub the mop, drained in warm soapy water, into the black glossy tiles of the kitchen floor.

(Y/N) remembered that whenever her Aunt had to look after her, she would always treat her poorly-even from a young age.

Whenever (Y/N) was in the care of her cruel Aunt it was either obey everything she said and tolerate her rudeness, or get beaten with her black, thick, leather belt. She remembered the first time she had been beaten with the belt. She had been four years old.

(Y/N) had been beaten because, according to (Y/A/N), (Y/N) had not wiped the bench well enough. (Y/N) was pretty sure that she had wiped that bench spotless but not according to (Y/A/N). It had seemed like her Aunt would find random excuses just to beat her, but (Y/N) figured that that was silly.

Suddenly, the shadow of a figure appeared. This silhouetted figure seemed to be dressed with a hat and was bestowed knives in lieu of digitals. It seemed incomprehensible to image sharpened knives as fingers. Unfathomable was this horrendous apparition or was it? Was the distance in the kitchen exacerbating this nightmarish depiction, she just wasn't certain.

"Freddy, is that you?" (Y/N) panicked, as she fled to the window.

To (Y/N)'s dismay, Freddy Krueger was not there. Instead, she had come face to face with a scarlet faced (Y/A/N).

"Who the f**ck is Freddy? Are you sneaking out and seeing boys?" (Y/A/N) said through gritted teeth.

"No, no, no! Aunt (Y/A/N)! It's just a character in a...in a..." (Y/N) tried to speak but it felt like there was small broken shards of glass in her throat.

"If it's just a character then why are you getting nervous?! Huh?"

"Please...it's not a real person..."

"You're a filthy s**t! A dirty w***e!!"

"No, I'm not! Please...it's not a real person! It's just a character from my dream!"

"So, you're dreaming about this stuff now?"

"No! It's not like that!"

"Just wait, wait till I get there! I'm going to rip your f**cking throat out!" (Y/A/N) ran away from the window and burst through the front door, she opened a nearby closet and retrieved a long belt. (Y/N) immediately recognised it. (Y/A/N) came forward to (Y/N).

"Please! Not the belt! I didn't do anything I swear!" (Y/N) cried, tears spilling down her face.

"That's what you'd say if you did do it!"

"Please! No!" (Y/N) squealed.

(Y/A/N) brought the belt down on (Y/N), pain seared through (Y/N)'s back. She screamed in pain as the belt was brought down again.

"I'll teach you! You little sh*t!" (Y/A/N) bellowed.

On each individual occasion the belt was thrust down onto her luminous marrow colour and baby soft skin, it was as though a thunderous bolt of lightning was piercing the heaven skies, not dissimilar to mighty Thor's gigantic hammer, akin to pulverising majestic mountains.

Soon (Y/N) was in a flood of tears and blood was cascading as though volcanic lava ebbs and disintegrates harden rocks in its path down her back, she knew that there would be fresh bruises on her back, bruises of wrongful torment without lamenting.

"You filthy s**t! Go to your f**cking room before I slit your throat open!" (Y/A/N) yelled. "If you tell your mum about this I'll kill you! You hear me!?" (Y/A/N) roared.

"Okay!" (Y/N) choked.

(Y/N) squealed and attempted to run upstairs to her bedroom. Due to her war like wounds, still throbbing with excruciating and demoralising pain, she was able to traverse the stairs will hurried canter. Once within her own space, she isolated the world around her by simply wedging a chair at an acute angle against the old style fashioned door knob. She was now safe...well relatively safe, secure and secluded ready to begin convalescing.

Luckily, (Y/N)'s bedroom had its own private bathroom. (Y/N) went into the bathroom, took a clean towel from cupboard under the sink and showered.

Whilst attempting to shower, the water droplets from the shower head seemed to be like sharp splintered fragments of super-hot salt, penetrating a blood-filled lake. Each act of penetration weaving its own miserable pain filled journey into her wounds. She observed blood mixing with the shower water before disappearing down the drain.

When (Y/N) came out of the shower, she applied some cream onto her back and slipped into some nighties and wore her pyjamas.

She went over to her desk and picked up a book titled "Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King". (Y/N) dived under the covers of her bed and began reading.

Tomorrow would be her first day of school. She decided that she would give it a go and try to make friends, at least for her mum.

It was her first day in her Aunt's care and she had already gotten beaten with a belt, hopefully school would be better. It would be a place where she could get away from her Aunt for six hours a day, and if she made friends she would plan stuff with them on the weekends so that she wasn't stuck at home with (Y/A/N).

Well, that was if her mother gave her permission and if she made any friends.

(Y/N) fell asleep with the book in her hands and the light on. When her phone buzzed she awoke, she was hoping to see a message from her friends or her mum but instead it was an email from Pinterest about cooking ideas.

"For Pete sakes," (Y/N) muttered as she cleared the notification.

(Y/N) inserted a bookmark into the pages of her book and switched the light off. As soon as her head hit the pillow she had fallen asleep.

A/N

I would like to thank everyone who has been reading this book!! I love you so much! 

I'm grateful and content for having 228 reads! I understand that most authors have 1k or 2 million reads which is way more. However, as a new author to Wattpad I cannot explain how delighted I am that the amount of reads this story has increases each day. I would like to thank everyone and tell you how much I appreciate it.

If you enjoyed this chapter then please consider giving it a vote and don't hesitate to tell me what you think in the comments! If you have any ideas or constructive feedback you'd like to give me-go for it!!

Also, I would like to announce that I have proof read the first three chapters and they have been published so don't be in a quandary to read and comment what you think.

I hope you liked this chapter and that you have a wonderful day!!

Remain insane!!