Part II Chapter 23 - Reunion

Start from the beginning

"'Sup?" Lukas simply answered with a nonchalant smile.

"What are you two doing together?! And how in the world did she end up here?!"

Lukas shrugged. "Don't know. I found her wandering here. She said Aunt Nora kicked her out."

"WHAT?!"

"Haha, just kidding."

Aoban did not find this really amusing. I could tell that he was still confused and was not in the mood to joke around. He really had no idea I was coming, huh?

"Hey, Aoban, what's going on?" An unknown boy approached, trying to calm him down. When his eyes fell upon me, he blinked several times. "A chosen one? I've never seen her before. You know her?"

A smirk slowly stretched on the face of one of his friends as he studied me.

"Is it her? Your secret girlfriend, that is." He asked with a teasing tone.

"Girlfriend my ass, she's my sister!" Aoban immediately corrected him, clearly annoyed by this last remark.

At his revelation, the boy widened his eyes. He looked at brother, his eyes full of suspicion, before turning his attention on me, and then to brother again. "Seriously? But... She's also a chosen one."

As curious students kept gathering around us, I felt the need to clear this awkward misunderstanding. I didn't want people to mistake me for my own brother's girlfriend. That would be just... wrong.

"Uhm... Hello. My name is Lynett Maedis Whiteheart, I'm Aoban's sister. Nice to meet you all," I introduced myself.

For a few moments, everyone became completely silent. It was so sudden that I even thought that I had become deaf for a second. However, this hypothesis was soon refuted as a notification sound rang in my ears.

<『Infamy +10』>

Wh... WHAT?! WHY?! What have I done?! How in the world introducing myself made me infamous?! I demand an explanation!

Hearing a small chuckle, I shifted my gaze on Lukas. His lips were twitching. He was definitely fighting a smile. He had this "I told you so" expression on his face. Thinking about it, he did tell me to avoid mention my family name. Could it be because of that? Just because of one name? This damn household... What in the world did they do to be so infamous?

"S-Seriously?!" A voice suddenly exclaimed, breaking the silence. It was the same boy who mistook me for Aoban's girlfriend. "But... You're a chosen one. She's a chosen one. Then it means... You siblings were both blessed? Is that even possible?"

Aoban let out a loud sigh. "Why are you so surprised? I already told you about it."

"But I thought you were lying!" He blurted out. "I was so sure that you were just bragging!"

Brother's eyelids twitched, clearly upset to learn that his own friend took him for a liar. Taking a look at the others, they all adverted their eyes, exposing their inner thoughts. Obviously, they all shared the boy's opinion. None of them seemed to have considered the possibility that brother was telling the truth.

"But Aoban, I thought you said your sister didn't attend a school," someone noted. "What is she doing here?"

Brother furrowed, as he turned his attention back on Lukas and me. "That's what I want to know..." He muttered, loud enough for us to hear.

"Don't look at me like that, you're going to scare me," Lukas said, half-joking. "She transferred here today, so I volunteered to show her around the school."