Chapter 4

Magical

"So, Swift. Which element do you want to learn first?" Sir Landon asked, I thought for a moment, what do I wanna learn first?

"Well, maybe I could focus on water." I said, Sir Landon nodded and called another teacher. Our classroom was quite huge actually, a red crocodile came into my view.

"Swift, this will be your teacher, Sir Viz. Sorry if I'm not your teacher for teaching water, I teach fire and earth." Sir Landon apologised, I smiled and nodded. I watched as Sir Landon walked away to the other students, Sir Viz cleared his throat.

"A-Ah, sorry sir." I stuttered, he nodded firmly and raised his arm.

"So, you're a new comer, correct?" His voice sounded kinda scary, so I nodded nervously. "When I teach, I have one rule that must be followed, no matter what." He said sternly, I gulped and flicked my tail nervously. "The rule is, I do not want any complaints. Get it?"

"Y-Yes, sir." I replied, he gave a small smile which let me relax a little.

"What is your name?" He asked in a softer voice, so he wasn't that strict as I thought.

"Swift, sir." I said.

"Follow me, Swift." He said and led me to a small pond, he sat down on the ground and looked back at me. "Sit down on the rock." He pointed to a rock beside him, I blinked and followed his order.

"Alright, now, what do you see?" He asked in a soft tone, I stared at the pond and saw, well, me.

"I see, myself, sir." I replied and looked confusedly at the pond, he chuckled to my surprise.

"Exactly, the water is still, so you can see yourself." He said thoughtfully,

"But, what does that mean?" I asked and bent closer to the pond, Sir Viz brought his tail down to drag it against the water. Making it form small waves.

"Now, what do you see?" He asked again, I stared at the pond again.

"Well, I now see my blurry reflection." I said, Sir Viz nodded and offered a smile. "Sir, I don't really understand.."

"Water is like us, calm at times and we can see ourselves. But, when disturbed.." He trailed and looked at me, "We cannot see ourselves at all, but only seeing us in chaos." He said.

"Wow." I said in awe at his explanation, "So, I guess controlling your powers also requires calmness of mind?" I asked, he nodded.

"Yes, you're a fast learner, Swift." Sir Viz smiled, I smiled back. He slowly got up from his sitting position, "Now that you understand how to control your powers, I will teach you now how to generate them."

My eyes lit up in excitement and I hopped down from the rock and went beside Sir Viz.

"Alright, put a paw in the water." Sir Viz said, I followed and shivered when I noticed it was cold. "Don't focus on the cold water, focus on controlling it. Clear your mind, and visualise yourself as the water, then control yourself."

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, I erased everything on my mind and visualised myself controlling the water. My fur rose up slightly, I felt the water swirl around my paw after a few deep breaths.

Jake's POV

The water where Swift was being reached at started to be formed as a ball, Sir Viz was watching quietly beside her, looking impressed. The water around Swift's paw started glowing, wow, she was really good-

"YO JAKE!" Izzy yelled, I jumped back in surprise and glared at Izzy. "Hello?! Our teacher was speaking to-" She stopped when she stole a glance at Swift's teaching ground, then back to me and smirked. "Ohh, looking at our cute friend, I see?" She teased and I reddened.

"NO!" I protested, other classmates took a glance at us. Izzy smirked.

Back With Swift...

I felt the water relax in my paws as I slowly lifted it from the pond.

"Well done, Swift. You can let it go now." Sir Viz said. I opened my eyes and saw the water formed as a ball, then turned back to its liquid form and dampened my paws even more. I smiled in satisfaction.

Sir Viz nodded in approval and handed me a blue wristband, but it had a blue glowing orb in the middle of it. It also was decorated with small crystals. "Take this, Swift. As a reward for your great progress." Sir Viz said.

I take it gratefully and put it onto my right paw.

"Wait, don't I need more training?" I asked, unsure. Sir Viz chuckled.

"Yes, you do. But that wristband can protect you, although it cannot be controlled yet, it will not go out of hand if you're relaxed." Sir Viz explained, I nodded slowly and smiled.

"Thank you-" I was cut off by a loud explosion, Sir Viz stared somewhere and narrowed his eyes. "W-What's going on?!" I asked, alarmed. My wristband started glowing a blue light and I try calming down so it won't get out of hand.

Sir Landon appeared into my view and held a staff, "EVERYONE! STAY HERE IN THE CLASSROOM!" He ordered, all other students began to panic while the others would glare out the window, I gasped when I saw that instead of a sunny sky, it was a swirling storm of black clouds.

"Swift!" I heard Jake and Izzy exclaim, I turned to them with a worried expression.

"Guys! What's going on?!" I asked them, Jake walked in front of me protectively.

"Rebels." He muttered angrily.

To Be Continued...