Chapter 1

The Invitation

"Jamaa Academy?" Swift's mom asked, puzzled. Her dad, on the other hand, stays silent and shows little to no excitement for his daughter's invitation to the school. Swift turned her gaze to her mother instead.

"Yes mom. The magical school of Jamaa, I only need your signatures so I could go." She says excitedly, her mom smiled softly.

"Of course, dear. I'll just get a pen." Her mom says and went out the room, somehow she felt an awkward atmosphere with her dad at the moment. He just continued sipping his coffee, while Swift was looking at anything but him.

"Um.." She managed to start, her dad looked at her with a nearly blank gaze. "Dad, why aren't you happy like mom? Since I got a lucky invitation to Jamaa Academy." The young fox says with a hint of sadness in her voice, her father softens his gaze by the slightest.

"It's not that I'm not happy with you, Swift, it's just that-"

"I'm back! Give me the invitation, sweetie, I'll sign it." Swift's mom says, Swift gave it and glanced at her father, the nearly blank stare came back and he was looking at the floor. Her mother finishes signing the invitation, "Loki, aren't you going to sign our daughter's invitation?" Swift's mom asked while looking at him, the male fox puts his coffee mug on the table and stands up.

He grabbed the pen and signed it with no words and went upstairs, Swift laid her ears back. "Did I do anything wrong, mom?" She asked worriedly.

"Of course not, sweetie. Maybe your dad is just too stressed from his work last night, he'll be good soon." She smiled reassuringly, Swift smiled and listened to her mother's optimism and grabbed the invitation. "I'm gonna give this to the owl messenger." Swift said happily and trotted upstairs, her mom chuckled and went to prepare for work.

...

"There you go." Swift says softly and gives the signed invitation to the waiting owl, it gives a hoot and grabs the invitation with its beak and flies away. Swift smiled and closed her window, the turned to Freddie. "I'll be having magical day tomorrow, Freddie, I hope I make more friends than at cub school." The fox grumbled, she hopped to her bed and laid down with the plush in her paws.

"Maybe a nap won't hurt." Swift said softly and closed her eyes.

...

Swift's POV

Young fox...

A voice was whispering in my head, it sounded like a female animal.. I wonder who she is...

Adventures lie ahead for you.. young fox..

Adventure? I just got an invitation from the magical school of Jamaa, how can it be any different to other schools I've been to?

Don't think about the past, young fox.. Jamaa Academy will become important to your life, when you realise it..

How can this voice be so sure?

You will know soon, young fox. Your fate will change if you back out now..

My fate? Isn't my fate already bad?

No, young fox. It will become bad if you choose another path..

What path? Like, choose another school? What difference would that make?

If you want, I can tell you my predictions..

For who?

You, young fox.

Me? Well, I guess that would be okay.

You will make better friends, meet someone known as the 'Forgotten One' and meet your fate.

Who's the 'Forgotten One'?

As I said, you will know soon, young fox. I must go now...

Wait.. Who are-

I suddenly wake up, with Freddie still in my arms. I suddenly felt lightheaded, that voice.. I wonder who that was..

"I wonder who the 'Forgotten One' is.." I mumbled, when I looked at my window it was already late afternoon, I slept that long?

"My fate..." I looked at my heart necklace that my dad gave me, it was weirdly glowing a faint blue, just like my eyes, it disappeared when I blinked. "What was that?" I muttered to myself.

I wonder why my dad wasn't as excited as my mom when I received the invitation, was he mad or something?

"I'm thinking too much." I sighed and went downstairs.

Tomorrow...

"Good luck on your first day, sweetie. We love you." My mom smiled, my dad lowered his ears and flicked his tail nervously. "What's wrong, Loki?"

"Nothing, have a great day, Swift." My dad tried to smile normally, I grinned and waved at them. I breathed in deeply and stepped inside the bus that was filled with students, I found a seat at the back luckily.

"Listen up, students! Wear your seatbelts, this is going to be a wild ride." The bus driver said, the seatbelts wrapped around us somewhat magically and I jumped in surprise. The bus suddenly sped up into a growing portal, I kept in my screams and shut my eyes when we were nearing the portal.

The students cheered instead of screamed, they looked like old students of Jamaa Academy. I suddenly felt alone. I looked out the window while we were still speeding up, whoa!

It was like we were in space, it's so cool!

"We're almost there, students. Be prepared!" The wolf bus driver yelled at us, I looked up front and there I saw the school..

It was such a beautiful sight... Maybe this wouldn't be so bad...

To Be Continued...