Feeling brave, I slip on a pair of white knee length shorts that I wear when I go and visit my mother on occasion. My favorite tie dye t-shirt and slip on a pair of pink Vans. Walking back into the bedroom, where Lachlan is still asleep. I set at my mirror and brush my hair. I decide to french braid my hair into one braid down my back. I leave my hair around my face.

When I turn around to look at Lachlan he is watching me. I smile at him. He smiles back.

"Good morning. You look beautiful." He beams. Climbing out of the bed he stretches. I tear my eyes away, embarrassed, and fix the hair that has fallen on my face.

Glancing at the clock it already seven thirty in the morning. I wanted to get to the hospital to be with my mother and Brilynn. Today was Thursday, May eighth. I wouldn't get my run in today but I can always to later today, once the hospital allows Brilynn to come home. Then that means mom will probably go home, and I don't want that. I know she's a doctor and is saving lives in Raleigh but I really miss her sometimes.

"Are you ready to go?" Lachlan asked once he's shower and dressed.

"Yep." I was sitting on the couch waiting patiently.

Mom texted me saying that Brilynn is allowed to leave after noon today. She had an OB-GYN appointment at two thirty.

Bouncing off the couch I follow Lachlan out the door, locking it behind me. He opens the door for me and I thank him.

Racing around to the other side of the truck he hops in and cruises down the road. Alongside, the beach where there is nobody on the beach. It's nice looking out the front door and seeing the beach and ocean view. It was already hot outside. I stick my hand out the window and let my hand fly in the wind.

"Do you want to stop and get breakfast?" Lachlan asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Sure. Can we go to that little diner down the road?" I ask.

"Of course." He agrees as we approach the little diner.

As the waitress seats us she takes our order. The place isn't that busy. It is eight o'clock on a Thursday morning, people were probably at work. I ordered pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries with a glass of orange juice. Delicious. Lachlan orders bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns with a cup of coffee. We enjoy the great breakfast.

Lachlan bursts out laughing. I look at him funny.

"What?" I asked laughing with him not knowing why.

He reaches over and wipes the tip of my nose with his finger. Still laughing he licks his finger, eating the wiped cream that was on my nose.

I laugh with him as I eat my pancakes and make sure I don't get any more on my nose.

When we finish he insists that he pays. Walking back to the truck we climb in and drive to the hospital making it there a little after eight thirty.

Waltzing into room 277, Brilynn was sitting up in bed eating. Alongside her is my mother drinking her coffee.

"How are you?" I ask cautiously.

"I'm good." She beams at me. She seems happy today, unlike yesterday.

"That's great." I smile at her.

                                                               ~~~~~~

It's now noon and Lachlan has left for work. Brilynn was given permission to leave the hospital. She seems to be feeling better this morning. She doesn't look as pale and my mother says her fever has gone away and she seems to be more excited about the baby.