Chapter 1

Brinley to the right >>

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

~Brinley~

Throwing on a hoodie and sweat pants. I putting my long, straight hair up in a pony tail. Pulling on my sneakers, grab my Ipod, phone, and water, I head out the front door.

"Brin! wait for me!" Brilynn yells, running down the hallway.

I sigh and hold the door, waiting on her. She's always running late, but that's Brilynn for you.

"Were you gonna leave without me?" She smiles her beautiful smile.

"Well, yes," I smirked.

"Someone's grouchy this morning." She says making a face.

I laugh at the face she makes. She laughs too.

"How long we going today?" Brilynn asked.

"Until I can't breathe," I say.

Every morning we go for a run. At the crack of dawn, we run at least three miles and three miles back. I use this as a way to escape from my pain. Pain that is with me all the time, even when I sleep.

Putting my earbuds in and cranking it. I sigh and start to run, Brilynn right behind me. I get lost in the song and let myself feel the vibration of my feet hitting the pavement. It sends tingles up my legs, loving the feeling.

★★★★★★★★★

Seeing the three-mile marker, I smile and push myself a little harder making my legs burn more. Passing the marker I stop and bend over loving the feeling of my lungs, and legs burning. Sometimes this physical pain is much better than the emotional, and abusive pain.

Gulping down my water, wiping the sweat off my forehead. I pull my earbuds out of my ear and turn to look at Brilynn, who is now just getting to the third marker. From the first day, we started to run she could never keep up, and she still can't. I run to let all my anger, and frustration out. She runs to stay in shape and to keep that 'hour glass figure' she has. I honestly could care less how I look. I'm not the attention seeker that she is if anything I try to keep to myself.

"Damn, why do you have to run so fast," Brilynn says as she gasps for air.

I just shrug my shoulders. Starting to jog back, leaving her there to drink her water and catch her breath. I'll be showered and dressed before she gets back.

Taking my time jogging back. Loving the chilly air hitting my face as I jog. Passing the rows of houses that line up and run parallel to the sidewalk. It's Saturday so nobody is probably up. The sun is a pretty orange and it hits the houses and windows shining it back into my eyes. I squint and keep running, making it passed mile marker two already. I jolt into a full sprint, running the rest of the way home.

When I reach the front porch to my apartment, I double over and put my hands on my knees. Loving the pain in my lungs as I gasp for air. I guzzle the rest of my water, walking into the house. Grabbing another water out of the fridge, I head to the shower.

Getting into the shower I let the hot water run down my body, washing away the sweat and stickiness. I stand under the water for a couple of minutes.

Drying myself off with the towel, I wrap it around myself and walk into my room. My room was lime green with purple trim, and neon blue curtains hanging in the windows. My bed spread was purple and neon blue, with lime green pillows. My sister's room was opposite. She had hot pink walls, orange trim, and yellow curtains with an orange and yellow bedspread with hot pink pillows. We were really coordinated, the living rooms was a teal color, with dark brown, and light brown trimming and accessories. The kitchen was just white with stainless steel appliances. Last but not least the bathroom was black and white with red accessories. It was our own cute, little, colorful house.