Chapter 11

Josh to the right >>

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 11

~Brinley~

I feel Lachlan crawl in behind me. He moves so my back is against his chest. I feel safe in his arms even though I don't know him at all really. I sigh when I feel his breath on my neck. He rubs his fingers along my belly.

"Can I ask you a question?" Lachlan breaks the silence.

"Sure," I answer.

"Why did you want me to sleep with you?" He questions.

"Because you take the nightmares away." I simply say.

"What are your nightmares about?" He asked.

"I don't know." I lie. I know I shouldn't lie but I know as soon as I tell him, he'll see me differently. I can't bare to lose him, not now.

"Okay, You don't have to tell." He shot back.

"I'm sorry I don't like to talk about." I defend myself.

"It's okay. Don't be sorry." He declared.

"I was born in Raleigh, North Carolina. That's where my mom and aunt Pam lives. I'd still live there but a lot happened in life. It scared me. When everyone found out, they all treated and acted differently around me. I didn't like it. So I wanted a fresh start, and I came to Georgia. For the first 2 years, I was here alone. Which was hell. When Brilynn started here she moved in with me. It helped some." I declare.

He was listening to me like he cared. He didn't interrupt me.

"So were's your dad. And what exactly is... I don't want to say wrong, but what's wrong with you?" He asked trying not to hurt my feels.

"My dad. Well, where to begin. He's the reason I'm here, and he's in jail. He's the reason that I have the nightmares. I have night terror and nightmares. My night terrors aren't as frequent, but my nightmares haunt me everytime I close my eyes." I claim.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked.

Changing the subject, and completely ignoring the question. I really don't want to talk about or even think about it. "Tell me about you?"

He doesn't say anything for a while. I wish I could see his face."Well, I'm from Atlanta. That's where my mom; Carla dad; Luke and little brother; Lance lives. I wouldn't say little, he's coming here next year after he graduates high school. Which is in the fall. I'm actually going back home in about two, three weeks for his graduation." He announced.

"How old is your little brother?" I ask.

"He's eighteen now, but when he gets here he'll be nineteen. He'll be graduating with honors." He states. He was clearly proud of his little brother.

"Wow, that's amazing." I agreed.

"Your sister told me that you were going to graduate with honors and be at the top of your class?" He mentioned.

"I will if the CEO calls me and I get a chance to make their logo and then I'll get a good grade for that class." I declare, hoping they call in the next couple of days.

"They'll call." He whispers. We stay silent and eventually his breathing evens out and we fall asleep.

                                                                ~~~~~~~

Waking in the morning. I feel all hot and bothered. Lachlan is draped all over me, asleep. Looking at his face it's peaceful and elegant. He really is handsome. Running my finger down his face across the little stubble on his cheek. Across his nose and over his soft lips. Around his eyebrows and forehead. He stirs in his sleep. I take my hands off his beautiful face and slowly scoot out from under neither him. Making it out safely without waking him. I tiptoe to the bathroom and shower quickly. Drying off with the towel I tiptoe back into my room and dart across into my closet.