Chapter Three~

A/N: This is re-uploaded because the previous one didn't seem to be working on my mobile, and I figured it wouldn't on other peoples' either.  Also, the sidebar is a pic of Meeve :)

"Kian."

His black eyes flicked mechanically to Tyler, and I silently groaned. Not the smartest move, Tyler.

"You." Kian growled, his voice rumbling like thunder. Suddenly realizing just how much his wolf had taken over, I silently unwrapped my hand from Tyler's and scooted away so that his arm fell off. "She. Is. Mine."

The way he said the last word released a series of shivers down my spine. I mean, it was pretty hot.

Shoot. Right.

My mate's about to slaughter my best friend with his bare hands.

In the middle of the cafeteria.

"Kian," I spoke softly, rising from my seat. "Chill."

Okay, maybe not the best words to use in this situation.

"Chill? This dick here was all over you," Eerily, his orbs of blackness never left Tyler the entire time he spoke to me. Somehow, taking in Kian's shaking form, I knew that if I wasn't standing so close to Tyler, I would definitely be down one best friend right now.

"Look, man, I swear I didn't mean anything by it. We're just friends." Tyler finally spoke, gathering the nerve to stand with me.

All the while, my wolf was screaming at me the whole time. What are you doing? Go and comfort him! She continued to howl frantically in my mind.

Paired with the creepy soap-opera silence of the cafeteria, my head felt like it was going to implode.

"Just friends," Kian clarified, his eyes still black, but the shaking had visibly reduced. In that moment, I realized something(s).

a) My mate looked really hot when he's pissed, b) ignore that because that asshole is not my mate, and c) I know exactly how to hurt him like he hurt me.

Being in the current position I'm in, light was shed on a special opportunity. A chance to make him suffer like I did and maybe a little more for good measure. Something that would ensure he could never even try to win me over. Now, you ask, what could possibly hurt him so much? Well, there's not much in the world that could do that. Except seeing your mate in love with someone else.

"Babe," I said, suppressing an evil smirk. Kian's eyebrows shot up in surprise, and, do I see a glint of happiness? But then I turned to Tyler, "Why not tell him the truth? He'll find out somehow."

Tyler looked at me confused, and I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes. Boys are so clueless. So, taking the initiative in my evil scheme, I grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek. God, it's like kissing my brother.

Eugh.

Turning to Kian, I smiled as innocently as I could muster in the situation, and dug my finger nail into Tyler's hand so he would catch the hint to follow suit. His came out a little more sheepish and, well, guilty.

Kian's expression was an entire different story. Previously pissed off, his features were now set in surprise but quickly being dragged into sadness. Just seeing the sheer pain in his eyes made me want to take it all back and run to his arms, no matter how cheesy and cliche it sounds. But of course, my mate had to be the prick who made my life a living hell for so many years. The next words took a lot more strength than I'll ever be willing to admit.

"I'm in love with Tyler. And I'm rejecting you."

With those words hanging in the air for Kian and the rest of the student body to absorb, I scooted away and dragged Tyler with me out of the cafeteria. Tears pricked at my eyes and I growled and wiped them away. Enough tears have been wasted over him. It's time for him to cry.

Once we were out of the cafeteria, my body felt like it was about ready to collapse. With a giant gasp for air, I leaned up against a set of lockers and ran a clammy hand through my hair. Now, there was no way Kian would go after me. I rejected him. And, on top of that, there's that bro code shit too, right? Basically, my plan is fool proof. I'm officially safe from Kian.

But somehow, the anxious a knot in my stomach making my nauseous and the feeling like there's 1 million glass shards ravaging my heart made me kind of think otherwise. So I looked up from my slumped position, to my best friend, who is probably royally pissed off, because I kind of just forced him into being my partner in crime. Well, what are friends for?

With a nervous smile that probably looked more like a grimace, I met his familiar eyes. "I did the right thing, didn't I?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N:

Hey folks! So yeah, I dropped off the map for quite a while. But the good news is, it's summer! So I'm back. Sorry for the absolutely shitty chapter but it's like 1am and I was reading through your comments and was really touched and felt all mushy and inspired an crap so I updated for ya. That's right. I could be sleeping. But I updated.

For you guys.

Round of applause, please. *Bows*

So yeah if you guys could keep that lovely commenting up, that's the only thing that's driving me to write more! Basically, if there's comments, I WILL update! Also make sure to like, favorite, and add to your guys's lovely libraries.

You are all rad and beautiful and fantastic.

Peace out, cuz I could really use some sleep right about now.

p.s. (update after getting some sleep) sorry this chapter was so short guys! I felt I owed you a lil update.  I will be updating soon if I could just get some more comments and votes :)