Chapter 17

Hey guys,

Here's a new chapter, please let me know what you think of it!

xoxo

______________________________________________________________________________________

"This is the good life," Chase said lying on the beach, sunbathing.

"It sure is, we should go to the beach more often," I said.

"Anything for you babe," he said looking at me with smoldering eyes.

"Shall we go back and cook, it's getting quiet late," I asked Chase.

"Yeah sure, what are we eating?"

"Steak with roasted potatoes and beans, if that's okay with you."

"Of course, let's go back."

We walked back and walked in teasing each other but Chase sniffed the air and turned around immediately.

"Logan what are you doing here?" Chase said.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have a problem," Logan said.

"Let's go outside to talk," Chase said.

"You don't have to, talk here, I'll go to the kitchen to cook,"  I said walking to the kitchen. I wonder what's wrong, they said they wouldn't interrupt if it wasn't urgent. Knocking on the door I walked back inside.

"Sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if Logan was staying for dinner," I asked Chase. Chase looked at Logan and he answered.

"No I won't be staying, we're almost done here. Thanks Hailey." I nodded and walked back to the kitchen. few minutes later Chase walked into the kitchen and hugged me from behind.

"Thanks for being so good for me," he whispered in my ear.

"What's wrong with the pack?" I asked.

"Nothing that can't wait until we're back," he said.

"You sure?"

"Yes, nothing is going to ruin this weekend and I want to know what my surprise tonight is," he said grinning like a little kid.

"It's something you've been waiting for a long time now so don't worry, you won't have to wait much longer," I said teasing him.

Chase helped with the rest in the kitchen and we went to the living room to eat, Chase was awfully quiet during so apparentely whatever Logan said was important.

"Babe talk to me, what's wrong?" I asked after dinner.

"I don't want you to worry but there is a pack of rogues with Sergei as their leader and they're getting ready to attack my pack."

"But why?"

"A few weeks ago when you just woken up Sergei demanded I would give you back to him but I refused so he declared war."

"How did he even know I was still alive?" I asked.

"We've had some trouble with rogues lately and apparentely they are working for him."

"And what did Logan have to say to you?"

"A few rogues attacked tonight, nothing serieus yet and nobody has been injured."

"How many followers does he have?"

"About 500," he said not looking impressed.

"500?! Chase how are we ever going to beat that?" I asked getting afraid.

"Packs from all around this district are going to help us and rogues aren't relyable. I think that when the rogues see that there's actually going to be a fight half of them will back down and rogues aren't trained like pack wolves so it's an easy fight."

"That's the thing, I don't want to fight at all."

"It's inevidable babe. I'm not going to let you go back to that man so don't even think about it," he said giving me a stern look.

"But Chase..."

"No get it out of your head Hailey. That man tried to kill you twice, there's no way I'm letting you go back . Babe, please understand that if you die I die, you're my life and I simply can't live without you."

"But what about your fellow wolves, there's no doubt that some will get killed."

"Yeah that's true but they are all willing to give their lives for you."

"Why?"

"Because you're their Luna, my mate and there's nothing more important for a wolf then their mate and they all understand that."

"When is this going to happen?"

"Two weeks from now."

"Were you even planning on telling me?" I asked him.

"Of course babe but not this weekend. You went through all this trouble to give me a weekend off and I didn't want to ruin it."

"Okay I believe you," I said giving him a kiss.