Chapter 6

Hitting the ground with a grunt I looked up at the cyan soldier, eyes focusing on her, watching her moments closely. Tensing my muscles I rolled out of the way of the cyan soldiers foot, pushing myself into a standing position in the process, I readied myself for more attaches. My feet moving so I circled around Carolina, her own feet bringing her to do the same thing I was doing. 'I can't match her skills, I can dodge pretty well though'

Letting out a breath I glanced up to the observation deck looking directly at the Director for a moment before leaning back to avoid a punch from Carolina. My arms coming up to block another punch. Stepping back from the force of Carolina's hit I spun myself around her when she lifted her leg to send a kick in my direction. Clenching my teeth in annoyance I sent a punch in her direction, one she easily avoided and responded to by kicking me in the side.

Moving away from her quickly I put my hand over my side, the tender flesh uncovered by my armour throbbed as my had grazed over it. "That's definitely going to bruise..." I glanced to the observation deck once more to see we had gained an audience. I looked back to Carolina, my eyes widening as she had jumped, her arm pulled back and ready to punch my helmeted head.

Diving to the side I rolled into a kneeling position before I launched myself at Carolina, catching her by surprise and bringing her to the ground. I landed on top of her and used that millisecond of surprise to my advantage and sent a punch to her helmet. Unfortunately she had pulled her arms up to block my oncoming attach, and not even a second she punched my stomach.

My body reacted on it's own and on reflex hunched over slightly in pain. Carolina took this moment I had hunched over to flip us so I was now on my back. Her knee going over my dominate arm and applying pressure to it, keeping it securely to the ground. She slowly drew her arm back, drawing out time before she would strike me. Closing my eyes I prepared my self mentally for what I assumed would be the worst hit I'd get from the cyan freelancer.

"Simulation over, return to your stations Agents Carolina and (State Name)" I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and thanked the ships AI silently, the pressure Carolina hand on my arm being removed as she stood up. Groaning I rolled onto my side, only to stay hunched over on the ground, my hand going to my side. "Agent (State Name) are you able to continue." Clenching my teeth at the voice that belonged to the Director I pushed myself up quickly. Lifting my arm above my head to try and stretch the pain away. Which I'll be honest, just spread the throbbing pain.

"I'm fine..." I looked to the observation deck and gave them a thumbs up. "Training simulation will be on put on hold, Agent Carolina, Agent (State Name) you are free to go, you will be called back to the arena shortly." Sighing in relief because of the AIs voice, I kneeled back down to the ground. My hand dropping from my side. "Fuck..." lifting my hands up I pulled my helmet off and dropped it to the ground. Eyes closed as I forced my body to ignore the dull pain in my side and relax.

"(State Name)"

Jumping at the sudden voice I opened my eyes, the hand of a purple armoured Agent the first thing I noticed. Blinking a few times I followed the arm to see a head of platinum blonde hair. "You good?" he had a worried smile as he asked his question. Smiling up at him I reached for his hand "I'll be fine" he pulled me up so I was standing in front of him. "Carolina is pretty strong with hand to hand combat." North nodded, his hand reaching down to pick up my discarded helmet.

"Come on, we should go re introduce you to everyone." I grabbed my helmet from North, my eyes looking to the ground. "Do... I have to?" North chuckled to himself and pat my shoulder. "it'll be fine. Not everyone here is like my sister"

"I sure hope so..." I bit my lip and looked away from North, embarrassed by the words I let slip. "SORRY" he chuckled and shook his head, a smiled forming as her pat my shoulder. "Let's go meet York and Wash" I tilted my head slight at the two names "York and Wash?" The two names sounded familiar although I could remember who exactly was who. "You'll like them I promise."

*time skip*

I stood quietly behind North. My helmet held in both hands, nervousness suddenly taking over. I leaned slightly to the side and looked at New York and Washington. I looked up at North before covering the lower part of my face in embarrassment with my helmet. "What happened to the you we first met?" I glared at North when I noticed his teasing smirk. "(State Name) this is Washington" north pointed to the only person at the table wearing his helmet. His armour colours were steel and yellow for the highlights. "You can call me Wash" I nodded my head at his words.

"The other guy is New York" North gestured to the male with brown hair, and a faded eye, which I assumed was from an injury. He sported tan and white for his armour colours. "York" he nodded his head slightly in a greeting manner. "Honestly though, you didn't strike me as the shy type" Wash nodded at York's words. "What happened to the girl who was questioning us at your facility?" I stayed quiet, my eyes shifting to the side, and away from the three agents. "You really did get Carolina fired up though" I let out a quiet laugh at Washington's words. "She was easily the one with the worse temper, at least that I knew of." I clicked my tongue in annoyance, nervousness leaving me as I though of Norths twin. "Then I met South." Mumbling the words I lowered my helmet a scowl present on my face.

"There she is" I looked up at North in confusion. "There's no need to be shy or nervous, your one of us now" he suddenly pushed my to the side, although very lightly and in a teasing way. "South isn't that bad once you get to know her." I looked over to York and Wash, they in turn shook their heads. "She's your sister, of course you'd say that about her."

Agents New York and Washington....

I smiled at the two as they teased North.

'I wanted a team like theirs, one that cared, that worked together... I should enjoy this'