Chapter 5

"North!"

The sniper slipped from the insurrectionists hands.

"I'm fine Carolina"

(Your Name) sucked in a sudden breath as a numbing pain slowly washed over her. "We have to go, they know we're here" she muttered her right hand moving to her left shoulder. She hissed in pain before retracting her hand, clenching her hand into a fist. "We need to get you patched up" North stood up straight from where he was, his helmeted head turning to Carolina as she marched towards the two.

"Why the hell did you fire a damn sniper?! You just gave away our location!" (Your name) ignored the cyan armoured soldier and moved towards the computer North was previously stationed at. "Hey!" Carolina grabbed the (hair colour) girls shoulder, gripping the armour that was placed there. (Your name) turned and placed her hand on Carolina's chest piece before shoving her back. "If I didn't shoot that sniper you would be down an Agent." The girl turned the back to the redhead, her feet bringing her to stand where North previously was.

"Carolina..." North placed his hand on his leaders shoulder, holding her in place as the (hair colour) haired girl typed something into the computer. "What the hell do you thing you're doing" Carolina questioned. (Your name) stayed silent for a few moments before she pulled something from the computer. She then proceeded to toss the small device to North. "I'm getting us a few minutes, that's everything you wanted and more, we have to leave. NOW." North looked at the device before looking towards the computer (your name) was at seconds ago, in bold letters it read 'TRANSFER COMPLETE'

*your POV*

'They really didn't care if I was killed do they...' I clenched my hands and brushed past Carolina and towards where the evacuation pelican would soon be located. The pain in my shoulder being forgotten by the thought of being killed by someone who I knew.

*time skip*

Once the pelican landed I pulled my helmet off and threw it to the metal floor, pieces of my upper armour soon following. I ignored the sounds of the freelancers entering the pelican while I searched for the med kit. "(Your Name) sit" I looked up at North, my eyes lingering on his helmet before I sighed and sat down in a seat; the pelican giving off a low grumble as it lifted off the ground.

North walked past me and pulled a small box from a small storage area close to the front of the pelican. He walked back over to where I sat, putting the small med kit onto the floor North pulled his helmet off. I looked away from the blonde haired male as he started pulling things from the box. His gloved hand fingers wiping over the wound gently. He grabbed a cloth that was tucked into the small medical kit and placed it over the wound, his other hand moving to feel for an exit wound. I hissed in pain quietly when his fingers unexpectedly grazed over the wound. I ignored the rest of his movements as he cleaned the wound, his movements oddly gentle.

"Thanks" I looked down at North for a moment, his blue eyes locking with my e/c eyes "for what?" I asked, flinching at the feeling of the bandages being placed over the wound. "For saving me" I laughed quietly, my eyes shifting to everyone else on the pelican, a chuckle leaving my mouth "had it been someone else they'd probably be dead" I looked back to North, my eyes going over his facial features, he shook his head and smiled slightly.

"Why's what?" He turned away slight and started putting the medical equipment away. "You're the only one who hasn't been an asshole." His eyes shifted in my direction, a thankful smile directed to me. "That's the best I can do, I'm not really qualified to deal with wounds" his thankful smiled turned into a sheepish smile, his hand rubbing at his hair in what seemed to be a shy manner. "It's fine" I have him my own thankful smile before resting my head on the metal seating. Sudden tiredness washing over my body.

*time skip*

I stood next to North, my hand over my shoulder, teeth clenched in pain. "She will be getting a new armour set" I looked up at the Director in confusion, my eyes shifting to the three next to me. "Agent (State name S/N) once your wound heals you will be put through evaluation." I straightened up my eyes moving back to the Director. "Sir she's with insurrectionists!" I shifted my eyes to glance at South, her jaw clenched in annoyance.

"This insurrectionist saved your brothers life Agent South Dakota." I looked back to the Director, his back now turned to us. "Get her fitted with armour, the armour colours will be black, the trimming red. I want them to know one of their owns working for us now" the Director looked over at me, a smirk forming as he looked directly at me.

"You are all dismissed, Agent (S/N), stay here" the other agents stiffened up as they let out a 'yes sir!'

*time skip*

I rotated my stiffening arm, my eyes on my cold food. "Traitor..." I mumbled to myself, closing my eyes as an exhausted breath left my mouth. I picked up my fork, my eyes still closed as I listened to the noise around me. The other agents were all seated where I assumed they normally sat, their voices being forgotten the the sea of other voices. I was one of the only ones who sat without my armour, my clothing consisting of a red t-shirt with the the state (S/N) written in white across the back. A black pair of sweatpants replacing the clothing I wore before the mission. I opened my eyes, fork tapping against the plate in front of me.

"You should really eat..." straightening myself out I sat up straighter then I normally would be. My eyes shifting nervously to the source of the voice before I sighed and slumped back down. "(S/N)?" I hummed in acknowledgement "sorry North.... just distracted I guess" North laughed quietly and smiled as he placed his tray down onto the table next to me. I looked at him in confusion, he simply shrugged and opened a bottle of water he had on his tray. "Don't mind me" I looked over at him and took in what he wore.

Unlike the others he wore a purple shirt and black sweatpants instead of his armour. "You haven't touched your food at all. Is everything alright?" I looked up at him, his blue eyes locking with mine momentarily before I looked away.

"I'm fine"