Chapter 4

"Agent North Dakota, my sister is South Dakota, but we are both known as North and South" I nodded my head at the blondes words. My eyes lingering on female of the two, though I only studied her for a few moments. Her hair much like her brothers, was a platinum blonde, her was cut short, the ends died a pinkish purple colour. My attention was quickly brought to the red head who walked into the room. A scowl sprawled across her face, her green eyes refused to meet my e/c eyes as she looked at the twins and I.

"So she's actually coming with us" I clenched my jaw in annoyance and crossed my arms over my chest. "The director believes that maybe with her we will access the information faster, and if anyone happens to show up they won't shoot if we have a hostage" I scuffed at North's remark, most specifically the part where the Director thought that if they had me with them they wouldn't be shot at. The male glanced in my direction before picking up his helmet from the table next to him. "We're leaving in an hour" Carolina nodded her head in acknowledgment. Before she looked at me; her eyes scanning my current situation.

"She's not getting her armour back?" I leaned back in my seat, my interests perked at the fact that I would be going into a battle field with nothing but a baggy shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Carolina sighed at Norths question before she looked to the door she had entered from. "It's why I'm here" she turned her attention fully to me and narrowed her eyes. "She's getting her armour back, but not her weapons" bitting my lip I hummed in acknowledgement, pushing myself to stand up from my seat.

*time skip*

I stood stationed with North, he was the only one who wasn't constantly feeling the need to be on guard when I was around. I had originally been positioned with Carolina, but even if I wasn't focused on anything she was doing I was constantly feeling her eyes on me. It got to the point where I just walked away from her; although almost instantly she was positioned in front of me in an aggressive manner. North with a few simple words had convinced Carolina to let me work with North. I felt more at ease with the blonde, I didn't feel like I was going to get a gun pulled on me every 2 minutes, but on the other hand I didn't really mind at all. Perhaps I was just the odd one in all of this, after all when I first met the agents who went after Connie and my leader I had my weapon, and I had the opportunity to fire on them. They hadn't even noticed presence, either that or they thought I was someone from the group who had showed up moments later.

I glanced around at the surrounding buildings, curiosity peaked at how inactive everything but the small area the three agents and I had been standing, not even wind blew. My eyes continued scanning the buildings before a flare caught my attention. I focused of that for a moments before my head tilted down at a red gleam I had seen for a split second. The black of my armour made the red dot more vibrant than I thought it would. My eyes followed the small dot as it moved slowly from my armour to Norths purple armour; slowly making it's way to the under suit that covered his neck. "How much longer are we going to be here?" My voice stayed steady as I made my way to stand next to North.

"Shouldn't be too long" he turned his head in my direction for a moment before focusing back on his task. I glanced around before looking back to the building. 'South does one hell of a job making sure the surrounding area stayed secure.' The flare from what I could only assume was from a sniper lens caught my attention once more. "We should speed this up a bit" I glanced down at Norths sniper; my sniper skills weren't the best, but I could at least but these three some time. 'What the fuck am I doing?'

Picking up the sniper quickly I lifted the weapon to sit comfortably in my arms. "What are you doing?" North entered my sights for only a second before I shoved him back. Startled by the sudden change North lifted his hands in a sign of surrender. "Y/n, just but the gun down, and I won't tell Carolina or South" lifting the sniper I quickly found my target, forgetting that North stood confused by my strange nature.

Two shots.

A/n: sorry for the delay in updates I've just haven't been motivated and I'm trying to stay focused on school. This year, although I'm in grade 11, am taking Pre-cal 12, Chem 12, Law 12 and Physics 11. (I took Law 12 last semester but it's still a grade 12 course.) and I've really been stressed. (Physics is supposed to be one of the harder courses in high school.)