"No, no, no, you can't leave," Adrienne said, her voice hinting with sadness.

        "And why not?"

        "What about Trina. You can't leave her here. She needs her father."

        "Trina is better off with you. She doesn't care to see me or even be with me."

        "That's not true!"

        "Then why does she always try to get away from me? I get her everything she wants and all she does is say that you got them for her. She likes you better, surprisingly."

        "Oh, so you're just going to leave me with the little brat," Adrienne asked with an angered tone.

        "I'll have him in an orphanage as soon as you leave so fast-" she muttered to herself, stopping before she could finish the sentence.

        "You'll what," Matthew demanded.

        Adrienne rolled her eyes and shook her head.

        "No you will not do that," Matthew packed the rest of his clothes and shoes into the large suitcase, as well as his phone and laptop before making his way out of the room and down the stairs.

        Tiger cried even harder to himself. His father, the one person who he wanted to be with, the one person he wasn't afraid of,the one person who he knew would not hurt him, was leaving. He was going to leave Tiger. He was going to Tiger with her.

        He covered his eyes with his small hands as he cried harder. The words Matthew had told him were still wandering around his head.

        I'll never leave you. I'll never leave you. I'll never leave you. He let out a broken sob and wrapped his short arms around his small body. He could still hear from up the stairs their ranting at each other.

        "I'm taking Tiger with me," Matthew announced as he made his way back down the stairs. Tiger's head quickly shot in in shock, but on his face was a grin as big as China. Adrienne scowled again and shook her head.

        "No you are not," she yelled back. Matthew turned to her and gave her a look, causing Adrienne too take a small step back. Intimidation spread across her face as she stared back at Matthew.

        "Yes I am," he told her sternly.

        "Tiger is going for psychiatric treatment with me in New York, so they can stabilize his mental health, not have the urge to hurt anyone or anything, and live with me. Just like the judge ordered. He can be a normal child."

        Tiger smiled slightly at the thought. Maybe he could be happy in New York. Adrienne smirked and shook her head.

        "The judge never gave you custody. He only said Tiger had to go for psychiatric treatment. If you leave the state, I will have custody of him." Matthew let out a low growl, causing Adrienne too take  Matthew said looking at Tiger for once in that fight. Tiger smiled at him, and Matthew smiled back.

        "You can have him once he is released from the mental hospital, but right now, he's mine," she said, smirking to herself.

        "Why would you even want custody over him. Just a few moments ago, you were arguing with me about getting rid of him, now you want to keep him?"

        "You can have him after he is released from the mental hospital. He's not going to be living with me. It just like me getting rid of him," was all that Adrienne said.

Opening Cages Opens Gravesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें