✦ chapter three

JUNG YERIN, JUNG EUNBI & OTHERS

jung yerin has survived another day at school despite various encounters and troubles (someone - namely sangjoon - stuck a fucking gum in her skirt that took ages to get off and her skirt still had a pinkish hue.)

she biked all the way back home, wishing that the contraption would not give up on her weight. when she arrived at the back of her house, she sneakily went inside and parked her bike on the side.

yerin went inside the house using the back door and smelled the fresh cooking of her mother. without greeting her, she went upstairs and quietly went inside her room, passing by her younger sister's room that was playing soft piano music.

the girl tossed her back at her bed and changed her clothes into her usual home attire, a shirt, jogging pants and slippers. after dressing up she went down and wordlessly set up the table for dinner.

her mother perked up at the sound of utensils clanking. "oh, you're here." she nodded in response. "you can't eat the soup i made. it's high on calories and fats, you're on a diet right?" she said sternly.

"yes, mom." yerin agreed.

"good. so you can eat this salad for dinner." she pointed at the plastic tupperware that was full of cabbages, carrots and other greens that made yerin wince in digust. she was lucky that her mother didn't see her or she's sure that she'll recieve another lecture about how fat she is.

about how perfect her little daughter is.

yerin didn't respond and continued setting the table, now placing the cups. there was silence before her mother asked, "do you know if eunha is dating somebody?"

she shook her head and answered, "i don't know. we don't really talk in school so i can't really tell if she's dating someone."

"good. at least you know that you can't be seen with her. we have a reputation to uphold you know." her mother reminded her, unaware of how her words sounded to her daughter.

she hates your guts.

the woman sighed, "i'm worried about your sister. what if she dates a man that is not worthy?"

you never worry about me.

"i'm sure she's not seeing anyone at the moment." yerin said as she finished setting up the table. "eunha doesn't entertain her suitors."

"you're right." her mother agreed with her. "although i was thinking of setting her up with the cute jungkook boy down the streets. our parents know each other and he seems like a nice young man." she mused happily unaware of how yerin choked on her spit.

jungkook was gay. and definitely in love with his bestfriend, jimin.

"he's already dating someone, mom." she defended the younger boy. he was one of the people who never made fun of her and respected her as a woman. "and eunha doesn't like him enough to date him."