172

dedicated to _perfectforhes_

You were getting ready for your eighteen birthday and your parents came in to wish you a happy birthday. "Are you inviting any friends over dear?" Your mom asked. The question came in your right ear and out your left ear. You were thinking about your beloved boyfriend, Harry who was only 24 years old. You both met at your friend's pool party and it just so happened that Harry was a friend of your friend's dad. You kind of knew that it was wrong that you were falling in love with him but you couldn't help it. He was the most handsome looking guy you've seen at the pool and you couldn't let the moment pass. He had noticed you looking at him and he walked over to introduce himself properly. You were nervous and sweating a little. "Hi there. I'm Harry." His voice was so angelic and it was British, which was your favorite. "I'm Y/N." You stuttered as your cheeks flushed bright red. He chuckles and asked if you were enjoying the party. You nod and noticed that he was checking you out. You were happy but then again, you and him had a six year age difference. later on the day, you found yourself making out with him in a guest room and you felt your stomach flush. that's when you decided to go against your will and date him. it would be a secret though. 

back to present

you left the house to meet Harry and you were nervous, even though you've been together for almost two years. You found him sitting at your favorite coffee store and smiled. "Hi babe." He says. you both talked for a while and Harry started to get serious. "I have to ask you something and don't get upset." He says. you nod. 

"When am I going to meet your parents?" He asked as you spat out your coffee. "Are you insane? Do you know what would happen if they found out you were twenty four? You could look like my dad for crying out loud." You told him the same thing every time he asked and it was getting annoying. "C'mon babe. I don't look that old." 

"Harry, I said no." 

He rubbed his head and said "You know, I can't go on with this relationship as a secret from your parents. I want to do stuff, hang out with you more than we do now, take you to the fucking movies Y/N! I'm tired of being like this." He lowered his voice when he saw people turning to look at them. "You know what Harry? If you felt like this, why didn't you say anything sooner? You're the one who brought me into this mess. If I've never met you, I wouldn't have to feel guilty every time I think about you. You're fucking 24! You could live your life, do things I can't do yet. You do a lot of things and you barely ever realize until you actually need someone to tell you that." You got up and walked away, holding in tears that were fighting to release. He called out for you but you ignored. You felt him turn you around and he wiped your tears away. "I'm sorry babygirl. I should've respected your decision. I love you." 

"I love you too."