Chapter 12

Lucas Raymond's POV

Ryan and I have just shift back from our wolf's form at the border of our territory. I quickly wear my shorts that I bring with me and wait for Ryan to come out of the tree.

Lately, there have been significant changes in rouge attack around us. Last month, I was at Blacktail Pack to discuss this matters. It seems far more serious than I thought.

I look back to my warriors who are dumping all the rouges dead body into the existing large hole our pack made long time ago.

When all the bodies are in there, they splash some gasoline over it and lit them on fire. I turn around and walk back toward the pack house to my lovely mate. I miss her already. It's pretty dark out now as Ryan and I fasten our steps back home.

I halted my steps when heard a faint grunt echoed through the wind.

"Do you hear that?"
Ryan asks me as his eyebrow knitted together.

Lucas
I heard Alyssa mind link me. Her link is fading I can feel it. She's in pain. Is she going into labor?

"It's Alyssa."
I shout at Ryan and dash towards the pack house while Ryan follow me closely behind. Shit where's Noah? I ordered him to guard Alyssa.

Alyssa, I'm here.
I mind link her. My heart is pounding so hard right now and I'm sweating like hell. Oh moon goddess please help me and my angel. When I notice the pack house, I sprint to the front door. I erupted through the door and find Alyssa whimpering on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

Did she fall?

Her lower body is coat with blood. My eyes go wide seeing her body laying there on the floor. I have seen a lot of blood my entire life but seeing the person you love lay there covered in blood is terrifying. Her grunt snap me out of my trance and I instantly panic as my mind went blank.

"Lucas, please, my baby."
Alyssa grip my arms as her eyes gradually closing. Her body is so cold that it freeze me from doing anything.

"Luc, bring her to Jared."
Ryan shout at me and my head snap towards him. I quickly get up and run carrying Alyssa to the infirmary. We have been together for half a year and so many bad things happen to her.

I couldn't afford to lose her. When I arrive at the infirmary, all the nurses had already prepared all the equipment as Ryan had mind link them prior. I shakily lay Alyssa on the bed and get out of the room as soon as I can knowing the protocol of the hospital.

I sat on the chair praying that nothing happens. How long have Alyssa been in pain? Maybe it is too late. Maybe it is my fault I left her there alone in the house. My mind is a mess right now and I can't think straight. Alyssa's blood smears all over my body when I carried her but I couldn't care less about it.

Shortly after, Ryan arrived and sat beside me. He gave me a pat and all I want to do is scream my lungs out right now but I can't because I am in the hospital. I need to think rationally.

I am the Alpha. I need to compose myself from doing anything stupid that will cost me life. I have my parents that I need to take care of. But I also need my mate.

I have seen several werewolf who lost their mate went rogue and try to kill themselves. I could not imagine what it feels like to lose your mates. Oh moon goddess, I just met her please give her more time. I want to make her happy with me. I want to cherish her until we get old. I want to take care of her for the rest of my life. And of course I want to build a family with her.

"Hey, honey."
My mother quickly run to me as soon as she enters the waiting room giving me a comforting side hug follow by my father. She give me a towel and order me to wipe all the blood off me and give me a brown tshirt. I obey her and do as I told. My father walked towards the black couch and sat there looking worriedly at me. I want to tell him that I am fine but my voice wouldn't come out.

"She's a powerful woman. Don't doubt that." My mother continue talking while she pats my back. My throat is sealed. All I can do now is nod and gave her a small smile.

I could not find my voice. It is gone. I am afraid when I speak I would break down so I am trying to not break now for the sake of my mate. I need to be strong for her.

1 hour has passed, but it seems like a year for me. I need to see her so badly. I need to make sure she is okay. What the hell is Jared doing? Why does he take so long? I'm becoming more impatient as seconds went by. I saw one of the nurses come out of the room and I instantly went after her.

"How's Alyssa?"
I asked worriedly as my voice crack after being silent for a while.

"Doctor Jared will consult with you later Alpha."
She bows her head and walk away. Why are they torturing me?

My mum packed some dinner and bring it for me to eat. Ryan left to continue patrol and my father went to the office to help me get pack things done. I lost my appetite therefore I cannot eat.

After what feels like forever Jared finally got out of the room and dawdle towards me. I quickly stand and walk my way towards him follow by my mother.

"How is she? Is she okay? Is the baby okay? Everything is fine right?"
I ask Jared for reassurance. Jared look down not wanting to make eye contact with me. My mother show a worried look and my heart beat rapidly fast. Please tell me she is okay.

"Alpha I need you be very strong for the sake of Luna and yourself."
Jared speaks slowly. He let out a sigh and I can see him having a hard time explaining things to me. After all, he is my best pack doctor.

"I'm sorry Alpha. We have done everything we could."

——————————

Sorry I had to do it.

🦋