Chapter 8

"Lei! Lei, wake up and tell me what the fuck this is!" I woke up groggily and furrowed my eyebrows when I felt multiple smacking in my ass. Who in the world?

I groaned when I saw Maia and was about to cover up again, but she stopped me by aggressively pulling my comforter.

"What is wrong with you?!" I asked in light irritation as I glared at her,

"This!" She raised her phone, and voila! I didn't see shit. Her brightness was too high, so the screen just appeared white to me.

"What?"

She groaned and shoved her phone to me, "Since when did you and Jia become close?" Oh, so it's all about that. Why is she overreacti—, "And heck, you even got into a dating scandal with her!"

"What?!" I turned up from lying down and looked at her with widened eyes, "What are you talking about?"

"How about you look at the damn phone, Lei?" She sarcastically uttered, then rolled her eyes as she sat on my bed, "Gosh, I can't believe this! Last time you were just hopelessly fangirling over her, then now! What wizardry shit have you done to get a hold of her?"

I didn't bother answering her, though I badly wanted to pull her hair for whatever she was talking about, because I got too focused on her phone.

A dating rumor for simply hanging out with her? These people are so contentious!

"So?" I gazed up at Maia again when she spoke,

"So, what?" I tried to sound gruffly as I handed her her phone, though my mind's flying elsewhere. Someone took photos of us without our consent? Goodness.

"Girl, stop with the attitude," she lightly hit my face with a pillow, "Aren't you even gonna share anything with me? Like, how did you two meet? Became close? And really? 'Mon chou'? You're such a flirt!"

"Okay, fine," I rolled my eyes and sat properly. I know damn well Maia is not gonna let this pass. "Long story short, I met her because I saved her dog, Kuma, back in the park we went to and then she invited me to a coffee shop to thank me. Aaand, we clicked," I simply said. I intentionally faked the part of our first meeting because it was not really a good first encounter.

"That's it?" She asked, and I just nodded at her, "How about this amusement park thingy?" She waved her phone at me, anticipating another story.

I groaned, "I'll tell you later. Can I go and do my morning routine first?"

"And if I say no?"

"I'll blow you my morning breath," I uttered with a playful smirk that made her face twist in disgust,

"Yuck!" She cried artfully and stood up, "Go now to the bathroom, then! So disgusting!"

I laughed out loud and grabbed myself a towel before going into the bathroom.