Chapter 7

"I like... your look for tonight."

I mentally facepalmed myself after I said that.

I thought I could finally tell her that since we got to know each other more, my admiration for her deepened. But, no! It was as if my tail got skittish and retreated.

But, like! I think I also dodged a bullet by not straight up confessing to her tonight? Right? I don't know. We just met a few days ago. She'll definitely get creeped out of me once I confess to her.

"Sorry?"

My trail of thoughts was cut off when I heard her response, "Uh.. ahm... I said you look good... tonight," I awkwardly smiled at her.

"Oh, thank.. you," she chuckled, looking at me puzzled, "Thank you, but that was," she let out a chuckle again, "That was so random of you." She shook her head slightly with a shy smile as she tucked strands of hair behind her ear,

"Oh, aha!" I let out a nervous laugh, "Sorry, I just... uh.. realized that I haven't told you that yet. Yea, that's... Alright, don't mind me." I awkwardly scratched my nape.

Go on, sweetie. Keep embarrassing yourself. I mentally rolled my eyes when I heard an inner voice.

"Oh, no, it's okay. I don't make a big deal out of people crushing on me, you know? I kinda got used to it already," she winked at me and chuckled when I looked at her astonished. Wow, never thought she got this kind of trait. "I was joking! Loosen up!"

The rest of the show went well, but I still can't keep my mind off what happened earlier. Not to exaggerate, but at that moment, it really felt like my heart was about to burst out of my chest.

The way she sang along with a smile plastered on her lips. Her gummy smile? Her smile that makes her beautiful cat eyes sparkle even more? Gosh, truly addictive.

The view was as if she was really glowing as the stage lights illuminated her countenance. The wind blew her hair which made her look more dreamy. It was like I was being hypnotized. The longer I look, the deeper I will fall. She's beautiful. She is very beautiful.

"So, how was it? How was the show?" I turned to her when I heard her speak,

"It was nice!" I gave her a short but genuine smile, "It was really nice. I can tell why you were so excited to see Euphoric perform," I noddingly added as I hid my hands in my pockets.

Now that we are somehow away from the crowd, I can feel the night's cool breeze even more.

"That's good to know," she smiled, "So, uh... See you when I see you?"

"Huh?" My eyes widened. She wants to go home already? "Don't you wanna..." I waved my hand around a bit, "try the rides?" I added and looked at the rides around us.

"Oh!" Her mouth agape slightly, "I would love to try the rides! But I thought you'd want to go home as soon as we finish the show. We spent 3 or more hours there, you know?" She shyly said and giggled,

Well, it was indeed kind of tiring since we were standing all throughout the show, but does she think I will let the opportunities of us spending more time together slip off my hand? No! I've dreamt of this for a long time!

Not the creepy type of dreaming, of course.

Anyway!

"Don't worry, I can still go for a few rides with you. I would love to try these rides with you," I uttered with a smile,

"It's getting really late now, though," she pouted, "I still have to attend a few errands tomorrow, so I think I can only go for the Ferris Wheel tonight."