Chapter 8: Recording- Day 3

During class, today, I got a text from Sam saying that she needed us for emergency recording sessions this weekend. So, I texted my mom:

(Text Messages)

Jess: Hey mom. Free period. I just got a text message from my manger and she needs us for emergency recording sessions this weekend. Is that cool?

Mom: Ugh, honey can’t just drop everything and take you to the city. She needs you all weekend?

Jess; Yes, all expenses are paid again, she said. And me and the girls have gone by ourselves before and we were fine. Why can’t we go again?

Mom: Fine. But, don’t forget that all school work has to get done.

Jess: No worries, mom it will be done.

  So, at 2:30 when school ended the girls and I parted ways to go home and pack. I went for a quick run, came home showered, curled my hair, grabbed my stuff and left.

  “Jessie,” Stephanie called from her bedroom.

  “Yeah?” I answered.

  “Where are you going?” She asked?

  “New York.” I answered. “I have emergency recording sessions all weekend this weekend.

  “Oh cool. Hey, I was wondering..” She continued, with me having to go. “I have a project for one of my classes about what it is like to work in a real business and I thought that, since you are now officially and professionally in the music industry…” She hesitated.

  “Yeah? Please, as your question quickly? I have to go...” I said rushing her for a reason.

  “Could I come with and do my project on what its like in the music industry?? Pleaseee???” she begged.

  “When is the project due?” I asked, in a rush.

  “Uhm, like next month? Why?” She question.

  “Because I don’t think that we would mind taking you along for the weekend but I have to talk to the lady in charge about it. I go back to the city next weekend and that’s a big weekend. So, maybe then? Okay?” I asked.

  “Really??? Ahhh!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” She said jumping up and hugging me.

  “JESS!!!” My mom yelled.

  “Okay, Steph!! I love you. Gotta go!!!”

  I ran down the stairs and into the car. We rushed to pick the girls up. Then we got to the train station about a minute before the train.

  “Go, go, go girls!!!” My mom said, not wanting us to miss our train.

  I hugged my mother.

  She hugged me back “Same rules as last time girls.

  “We will!” I said grabbing my stuff.

  So, we walked to walk to the train, got our tickets, and got on just in time. So, when we got onto the train I sat down, and I texted my sister:

Jess: “I still have to talk to my manager about you coming with us next weekend, but it is your job to talk to mom about it.”

Stephanie: “Don’t worry. I will. If I do come, you will take care of me, right?”