10K Special Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Then, a sudden movement in her mirror caught her attention.

"AAAHGHHGGGHHHHH!!" Jaemin swung her hammer mindlessly out of reflex.

"Put the hammer down! At this rate you'll--"

Jaemin's hands slipped as the hammer fell with a thud.

"OW!" Jaemin clutched the probably nerve-damaged, victimised foot of hers.

The hammer sat peacefully next to her on the floor as she melted down in pain, the wonder of the stranger in the room disappeared. The carpet seemed to give her it's condolences as it cushioned her thin body.

"Yah yah yah! I told you to be careful. Come here, I'll help you," Jaemin looked around, still inside where the guy was. His voice seemed more concerned now.

"I'm up here!"

Jaemin shot her head up. Looking past the countless posters of iKON, Seventeen, and Stray Kids. She was still in pain. It felt like someone had mutilated her foot.

"In the mirror!"

Jaemin's eyes landed on the old antique mirror that she persuaded her mom to keep because it was too pretty.
Except, all of a sudden it looked prettier now.

"I'm Lee Jeno!" The boy in the mirror smiled. "And I'm here to help you find your soulmate!"

"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

---

Jaemin twirled her hair awkwardly in her fingers. She shyly say on the bed, flustered.

"You know... You don't have to do this," Jaemin was probably in the weirdest situation ever.

"I want to do this," Jeno laughed as he delicately bandaged her foot.

"N-no really..." Jaemin felt super embarassed as the boy gently handled the wound, soft fingers tickling her soles.

He smiled.

His eyesmile.

His cheeks...

"Is there something wrong?" Jeno finished the bandaging and began to clean up.

"N-no... I just...how did you... How do you come in and out of the mirror?" Jaemin was astonished when she was groaning in pain and the boy had appeared in front of her and helped her up.

He was dark-haired and looked like any other guy down the street, ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, and some converse. His smile shut Jaemin up when she was about to hysterically yell in fear.

"Well... Okay, this sounds crazy, but I'm here because Cupid came to me," Jeno scratched the back of his neck. The boy sat down next to her, keeping a respectable distance to make sure he would have reaction time to any further sledge hammer assaults.

"He what...?"

"Apparently, the guy you're supposed to be with had a change in heart. So Cupid said I needed to help you meet your new one."

Jaemin laughed, "Dude, isn't Cupid like a myth? And how did you get in my house?"

The sunny boy sighed, "I came here through the mirror. I don't care if you don't believe me now, but I'm supposed to make you meet your soul mate."

"Okay okay," Jaemin pushed her hair behind her ears. "Let's say this Cupid guy and my soul mate thing is real. Why would Cupid need to ask you to help me then? Doesn't he just shoot an arrow and 'BAM' there's a couple?"

"You're special," Jeno smiled. "That's why I'm here."

Jaemin wasn't sure what overcame her, but those words wove themselves in the wrinkles of her brain and made her smile like an idiot. Her eyes shined at Jeno, cheeks flushing with a rose color.