The Dream

Sometimes, when Leo had had an especially bad day, his mind would grant him a good night's sleep and good dreams. {Totally no Hunger Games references here! (; }

For some, a good dream might be winning a fortune or living in a castle or some shallow schist like that. Not for Leo. For Leo, the best dream he could wish for was an hour with his mom in their workshop. Tonight it was just that.

Leo and his mom sat together on a small workbench, building a mini Festus. Leo was content just being with his mom again, but, of course, something had to go wrong. Though he was still incomplete, suddenly Festus's eyes glowed as red as rubies. He perked up and suddenly shot fire until everything was burning in glowing flames. It all burned away, leaving Leo outside and alone in the dark. He started to cry from fear. It had all gone so fast. Then a small bright light appeared right in front of him.

The light grew bigger and brighter until it was taller than Leo, and then it dimmed, being replaced with a woman. She was tall and regal, a proud look on her face. "Hera?" he asked, the confusion making slightly more sense. 

"Yes, my young hero. It is truly me. But right now we have important matters to discuss. "Are we being attacked?" He asked immediately. She shook her head. "It is worse my young hero. Much, much worse. Your family is falling apart!"

"Oh." Leo's eyes lowered until he was looking at the ground. "I know."

"And we need to fix that!" Hera declared confidently. "What do you have in mind?" He was nervous, but also desperate for something that could make his friends appreciate him again. "Well..." She started "The other 6 demigods don't really know anything about your past do they." Leo sighed slightly, still looking down. "No, I suppose they don't." "And that is what I intend to fix!" She replied smiling proudly. At once, Leo looked up, his eyes wide and his mouth agape.

"No! If they knew my past, the things that happened to me, they'd abandon me!" He said all this while pacing and rubbing his hand through his curly hair. Hera looked at him with a solemn expression. "Haven't they already?"

Leo held in a sob. He knew, deep down, that it was true. "Okay, Lady Hera." He said monotonously. "Let's do it."