Chapter 19-Electricity

"Ok so you just left him there, without even feeling regretful?" Ethan was laughing so hard.

His laugh made me happier than the story itself.

"I had to save my ass. Anyways I couldn't have helped him. He was in deep shit." I laughed.

I began to feel really sad. Talking about old stories of Alec and I made me emotional. Ethan was the first person I'd allow myself to talk about him. And I had know idea why. He had seemed to have notice my sudden change of attitude because he said:

"We can talk about something else."

I shook my head.

"No, really I'm fine. Actually, it feels good you know. Talking about him. I never do."

We were sitting in the park, eating some snacks we had bought on the road. Ethan was deeply looking at me, as if he was studying me.

"I understand. I mean, I wasn't really close to him though. But I wish I had been. He looked nice."

A smile appeared on my face.

"He was. I miss him so much."

I was beginning to forget he had caused his death.

"That I do understand. My cousin died in a car accident two years ago. He was like a brother to me. I miss him everyday."

I didn't say anything because I knew I didn't like it when people said shit like "I'm sorry." Or "My condolences." It was stupid. As if it would bring any of them back.

He seemed to appreciate my silence.

"Ok, this is getting a bit dark." I laughed.

He laughed too while looking up.

"Yeah well, so is the sky. We should leave."

He stood up and hand me his hand so I could take it. We took our empty food bags and put them in the trash. I was so focused talking to Ethan and having a good time, I haven't even noticed the time. It was 6 pm and I didn't tell my parents where I was. I would get killed.

I had no idea where I was going with this kind of flirt thing going on with Ethan. I told myself it was only for the plan. It was all about the plan. Only the plan mattered. But...

Rain drops began to fall slowly as we ran under a roof, laughing like little kids. We arrived just in time because as soon as we stepped a foot, the rain fell harder.

"Oh god, I'm sorry this sucks." Ethan apologized.

"As if you controlled the weather." I rolled my eyes in amusement.

He frowned.

"How d'you even know that for sure? Maybe I have this deep secret where I can control the weather and can't tell anyone because I'm scared of being captured and studied in a lab."

I laughed at his serious face.

"Yes sure. I'm sorry I shouldn't have underestimated you sir."

He smiled at me. We were silent for a moment, enjoying the view and the sound of the pouring rain. I could feel Ethan's gaze on my face. I let him watch me for a couple of seconds till I turned to him, frowning.

"What? Why are you looking at me like..."

"Can I kiss you?" He interrupted me.

I was shocked. A thousands of different feelings took control over my body. Not that there were so many, at least, not that I knew of. As fucked up as it was,  I did want him to do it. I wanted to feel his lips against mine. But I couldn't. I had to stay loyal to Alec and revenge him. Somehow, I still handed up saying:

"Yes."

I know right. I didn't know what I was doing. Ethan leaned forward. I was so scared. The second my lips would touch his, I would betray Alec. He got closer to me, his mouth almost touching mine. He was so close. I'm sorry Alec. At the last second, I pulled back. Ethan looked confused.

"I'm sorry, I-I can't."

"It's ok, I understand." He smiled.

He kept looking at the rain. Why was he so damn kind and comprehensive. It was annoying the fuck out of me. I wanted him. So badly. I took his face in my hands and pulled him closer to my face. Our lips crashed together with passion. It was a deep and intense kiss with a touch of softness. His hands went on my hips as our bodies got closer. We kissed for a long time till we were both out of breath. He pulled back, smiling. We didn't speak, because nothing had to be said. I'm pretty sure we had felt the same thing. Electricity.

What the hell was I doing?
___________________________