(Blu!)Pyro X (Red!Pyro!)Reader

(this is a prompt from BlaiseThyLazy and I would like to thank her for being a good friend and also trusting me! You're the best, boo. :p)

(also a pre-established relationship kind of thing so :p and I headcanon the Pyro to be Mexican, so if you do not have the same opinion, you have the option to...not read this chapter.)

Your P.O.V.

I sigh quietly at the uniform. Couldn't they have given me something more...free? I mean, sure, we get to put hats on and stuff, but I want to be able to breathe, for crying out loud! 

I sigh quietly and pull it on anyways, looking at myself in the mirror. Completely anonymous. Just a gas mask and a flamethrower. I hated it, but it was also nice. A fresh start.

That was what I wanted, but not what I got. Well, not exactly.

The other team's Pyro seemed excited to see me. They waved at me, then prompted me for a high-five. I gave them a high-five, to be nice. They giggled and went off to kill the Spy they were chasing. I looked after them, confused, but shrugged and went after the Spy I was chasing.

Things continued like this. They would never even turn their flames on me, and if they ever grazed me on accident, they'd help me to a medkit. They gave me high-fives, danced with me, laughed with me, and every once in a while we had an airblast battle with a rocket.

Then, ceasefire came. I decided to spend the day at a cliffside I found that offered a fantastic view. I brought an umbrella to shield me from the sun and a cooler full of soda and a bag full of snacks so I wouldn't go hungry.

I sit down with my feet hanging over the edge of the cliff and admire the view. Even with the Pyrovision mask, it's nice. Rainbows and flowers everywhere. I don't know why the mask does this, but it makes my job a lot easier. I don't have to think about the fact that I'm burning real people to a crisp daily.

I hear somebody walking my way. When I turn to look, it's the Blu Pyro. They sit down next to me and boop the side of my mask with their muzzle. I giggle, and they giggle back.

"So, how is life on base?"

"Same as it's ever been. I think I'm finally getting used to this place."

"That's good! Are you still stuck in Pyrovision, or can you take the mask off?" I cock my head to the side.

"I've always been able to take the mask off." They shrug.

"Maybe you just didn't want to take it off around me, then. So, will you take it off for me now, Dani?"

"Dani? That's, that's not my name." They cock their head to the side.

"What do you mean? You told me last year, your name was Dani." I shake my head.

"Whoever you think I am, I'm not that person." I take the mask off. They gasp.

"I'm (Y/N)." They sigh sadly.

"I'm sorry that I confused you for them." They take off the mask as well. A mop of brown hair falls to barely above their shoulders, and when they open their eyes, one is red, and one is brown.

"I'm Cacheo. Nice to meet you." They smile brightly. I smile back.

"So, we won't lose the camaraderie on the battlefield?"

"Of course not, amiga. We've bonded over time, no? You may not be the Dani I knew, but I want to get to know the (Y/N) that's here now." I giggle and offer them a soda.

"For now, let's just look at the view. I like that sort of thing."

"Gotcha, amiga."