Gay. Uh, Geisha. Wait, Gaysha!

Red Medic's P.O.V.

The year was 2011. The Shogun pack was released onto the market and given in random drops. I was one of the lucky ones. I received it after a particularly nasty death at the hands of the Blu Soldier. The notification popped up on the Mann Co regulation market/drop tablet when I popped back up in respawn.

Once the battle was over, I went to my room to retrieve the package. I had bought a key before another round earlier, so I was good to go. If it turned out to not be something of mine, I would have traded it to one of my teammates for one of my cosmetics they had.

I whipped down the hallway to the medical bay, where I could open it in peace. Once I stepped inside, my doves fluttered to me and gave me bird kisses to say hello. I chuckled and greeted them all individually, before returning to the task at hand. Archimedes alighted on my shoulder. Speaking of Mann Co, I had to buy their stupid bird harness to make sure he 'wouldn't escape on the battlefield'. I knew he wouldn't leave me! I saved him from that wedding service, and he's stayed by my side ever since!

I shook my head clear of the anger surging through me. It didn't matter. Archimedes was here now, and so was the box. I brought the key up to inspect it. It looked simple enough. I stuck it in the lock upon the box and turned the key. The box fell open, and it revealed...

A hairpiece. A women's hairpiece. For me. It also had a bit of poetry attached to it. I took the small paper the poem was attached to and read it. Apparently, this item was called 'Geisha Boy'. How rude...

"Frog leaps into pond. Lotus blossoms fall to earth. Medic has girl's hair." I roll my eyes. Silly cosmetic makers, with their wonderful imaginations. Who thought this was a good idea? I looked at the creator.

"Larolaro, huh? Well, it's a good name." I pick up the hairpiece and inspect it closer. It had my signature curl at the top, and it was clearly sprayed to death. The thing wouldn't budge! It also had those chopsticks coming out of the side, and small cherry blossoms next to a big decorative comb in the middle. There was a ribbon holding together the bun in the back.

All in all, it looked good. I smoothed my hair back and put it on, then looked in the mirror. I had to take a double-take. I looked...amazing.

I stood up and walked over to the mirror in wonder. I wonder if there was anything that went with this...there had to be! I checked the item page. No such luck. Heavy had a matching hairpiece, however. Maybe it would be fun, wearing the hair together. Ah, but Heavy dislikes the hair cosmetics. So probably not.

I started pacing around, thinking of things to go with this. The Blighted Beak? No, this wasn't a Beak hat. The Earbuds? No, the Earbuds don't go with anything! I don't like them, anyway...

Oh, how about the Procedure Mask? I pulled it on, then looked at myself in the mirror again.

"Yes, zhis will do nicely..." I smile under the mask. I'm absolutely in love with this hairpiece. It's almost unhealthy. Almost.

*a few weeks later*

Red Medic's P.O.V.

Oh, Heavy got his matching hairpiece! He probably would never wear it, however. Oh, who cares? I ordered something a few weeks ago from a Japanese company to wear in private with my Geisha, and it was probably arriving today!

"Yo, mail's here!" I raced into the living room.

"Any large boxes?" I asked excitedly. He shrugs and looks through.

"Oh, yeah. It was on the bottom. Wait, why is the label written in Japanese?" I grabbed the package and smiled.

"I don't wanna know, do I?" I shook my head.