Chapter 6: Road Trip

Song: Roses by The Chainsmokers

Ah, traveling in in the middle of March, how wonderful. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming and Spring is finally here! Maybe if you live somewhere else, that is. Here, we were still stuck in winter clothes, riding in Dashiell's dad's RV in below zero weather, watching the snowy scenery go by.

"Some Spring festival this is going to be. Let's celebrate the arrival of spring while there's still snow on the ground," muttered Zaavan sarcastically.

"It's just called a Spring festival because it takes place during spring. It's really a festival to celebrate unknown artists," answered Ariadne. She rolled her eyes and turned over to Katja. "Why exactly did we invite Oscar the Grouch?" She questioned, pointing a painted black fingernail at Zaavan.

"Because we're good people."

"Yeah, well I'm not. I'm down to throw him out the window anytime. Just let me know."

"I'll keep that offer in mind," said Katja. The tension between her and Zaavan was obvious. Something happened, but I didn't bother trying to find out. My main concern was to win back Kennedy. How was I going to do that though?

As I turned my attention back to the guys in my booth, my phone vibrated. It was a text from Zhang.

Zhang Da Man

Hey man! What's up? Have you got any dirt on Zaavan yet?

Shoot! I completely forgot! Thank God for Zhang - March break was ending in a few days and if I didn't get any dirt on Zaavan I'd be dead.

Thanks for reminding me! I nearly forgot!
Hbu?

Unfortunately, yes but I'm only saying what would hurt Ahmed the least. He's actually a great guy.

"Already got another babe lined up?" Smirked Kolton.

"No. Besides, it's none of your business."

"He's still trying to win Kennedy back." Stated Zaavan rolling his.

I scoffed. "What are you, his dog or something?" I asked, earning a glare from the other boy.

"Woah there guys. Relax," said Dashiell, making a feeble attempt of calming everyone down.

"Eh, I don't blame him. She's a 10 for sure. Bet she's great in bed, isn't she?"

That was it. I leaned across the table and grabbed his collar in my fists, bringing his face so close to mine that I could feel his breath on my face.

"NEVER talk about her like that ever again." Dashiell put his hand on my shoulder as Zaavan, who was sitting beside Kolton said:

"Just drop it man."

"Can you guys keep it down back there - I can't concentrate on my driving!" Whined Benji.

"Well then at least play some music!" Said Katja from the both across from us. "Oh! Play The Chainsmokers! Roses for life guys!"

"No! Play some Nirvana or Kiss!" Suggested Ariadne.

"Ew! Just play something normal from the radio!" Protested Kennedy. That was exactly what Benji ended up doing and we managed to pass the next hour without killing each other.