As an answer falling from Heaven, I see Jarvis impatiently trying to pass by the dancing crowd in front of our V.I.P spot. A woman with a 24 -inch long weave, a royal blue bodycon dress so tight anybody would wonder if she could breathe and an acrylic nail shinning so bright that it could be seen from where I was standing saw him trying to get through and started grinding on him. Pressed to leave the dancefloor, Jarvis pushed her to the side and finally was able to join us. The look in his eyes made my stomach turned over. Something was wrong. 

"Leilah, you have to come," he said taking my hand so I can follow him. "Odell when to see Joshua." 

We quickly walked to where I had first see Joshua, at the bar. Odell was talking to him. From where I was, I could see his jaw clenching. Something told me it was about to go down. 

"Odell, let's go," I told him as I arrived beside him. Odell kept looking at Joshua with a mean face. I could see by his facial expression that he was getting fed up with Joshua's existence. "Odell, please, let's go." I urged him. 

"Bro, let's go," Jarvis told Dell. 

Joshua was leaning on the bar's counter, sipping his drink - what I assumed was cognac - smirking in my direction. God, that smirk, I told myself. That same very smirk that used to make my insides melt and my panties wet. 

"Stop looking at her like she is a danm piece of meat or something," Odell barked at Joshua. "Why are you here?" 

"Odell, don't start, New York City doesn't belong to you, nigga," he replied. 

"No really, why are you here, you think ever since you came in I didn't see the way you looking at L," he asked taking two steps towards Josh. 

Something was about to blow. I was about to step forward when Kelssy joined us asking what was going. By the time I turned back around to speak to Odell, Joshua had stepped forward to face him and was leaning to say something only the two could hear. I saw Odell take a deep breath, closed his eyes, and clenched his wrist.  What the once in my life first love told must have touched a nerve because Odell was performing his calming exercise from his anger management classes. 

I quickly pushed Joshua back and stepped between the two of them.  I took Odell's left arm and begged him to go. He looked into my eyes as I repeated, "Please, I want to leave." 

Odell took my hand and threatened Joshua to never cross his path ever again. The bastard laughed and answered back, "Yeah, sure." 

We went back to the V.I.P section to collect Odell's jacket and left the club. The girls stayed since the club was starting to be lit. We walked toward the elevator at the back of the club and Dell put in the secret code to access it. In the elevator taking us to the underground private parking, Odell was still trying to calm down. 

"Give me the keys, I'm driving," I told him extending my hand to him. 

"Girl, you are not driving. I am." 

"You drank liquor, you are in fumes. There is no way you are driving," I responded quickly with my arm still in the air. 

"Leilah, I'm good now," he said exiting the steel machine. 

Fifteen minutes had passed since we left the club when we entered our apartment. Thanks to the millions of shortcuts Odell took, we avoided Saturday late-night traffic in a silent ride. 

"What did he tell you that pissed you off?" I asked him taking off my leather jacket. 

"You gon' study or we can finish this night watching tv?"  he asked walking towards the stairs leading to the second floor where his bedroom is, ignoring my questions.