8.

Leilah's POV

I got out of the bathroom walking toward the bar. I needed a drink. I got to the bar and ordered a Mojito. I couldn't drink strong alcohol ever since the hangover I had at my 18th birthday, thanks to Odell and his friends back then.

As I was waiting for the barman to prepare my drink, I heard a familiar voice speaking to me.

"So you still can't drink, huh ?"

My body froze. I would have never forgotten that voice. The same very voice that nearly broke my heart and killed me a few years ago.

I turned and saw Joshua standing in front of me with a big smile. He was wearing a jean jacket over a white t-shirt, with black pants and white Air Force 1.

"Joshua Williams", was the only thing I managed to say.

"Can't I have a hug?" He said opening his arms.

Seeing him made me feel at least a dozen different feelings at the same time. I was shocked, baffled, mad, hurt, lost. But I also had butterflies in my stomach, like the first time I saw him.

Seeing that I wasn't responsive, he took a step forward and hugged me. As he did so, I could smell his Big Pony #3 by Ralph Lauren perfume. His favorite ever since we've known each other. He stepped back and devoured my body with his eyes.

I didn't know what to say, I was surprised and mad at the same time.  I could feel a pair of eyes staring at my back. I turned and caught Odell staring at us while drinking his cup of Hennessy from the V.I.P section. As I turned back to face Joshua, he says, "I see, you are still friends with that light skin nigga."

"What are you doing here ?" I asked.

"I came to have fun with some friends."

I corrected myself and rudely asked back, ''I meant to say what are you doing in New York City''.

"I moved into the city and opened my sneaker shop. Going pretty well," he said with a smile.

That dimple on his left cheek gets me every time. That smile only brought a series of flashbacks from years ago: him smiling when we first met at a party, him smiling when we had our first date, him smiling when he took my virginity, him smiling to Justine Deslots when I saw them on a date. I softly shook my head like it could make these memories go away.

As I passed by him, trying to leave without saying goodbye, Joshua softly grabbed my wrist and whispered into my ear, ''I have missed you''.

The audacity of that man still didn't surprise me one bit. I raised my eyes and connected with Odell's. He was up, ready to come break Joshua's jaw at any minute now. He was waiting for that moment ever since the day I Facetimed him crying like a baby, gasping for air, years ago when Joshua almost put my health in jeopardy.

I slowly shook my head, indicating to him that I was okay. I yanked my wrist from Joshua's hand and firmly threatened him, "Do. Not. Ever. Touch Me. Or. Speak to me,"  I ordered him through gritted teeth.

Joshua took a step back, raising his hands in an attempt to calm me. He laughed and jokingly said, "I always thought you were cute when you try to act tough."

I took a deep breath before turning my back to him and walking toward the V.I.P section. As I passed by Odell, he lightly gripped my wrist but let it go as I kept walking toward Eloïse.

"You are okay?"

"I want to go back home. You girls can come back with Odell or Isaiah," I answered back looking for my keys in Odell's jacket. Not finding them, I head back to where he was seated to find an empty spot. Goddamn, where did he go?  I wondered.