"Stiles... just... stop talking. I'll take it from here." Scott said. "You remember how I had that job at the animal clinic, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I think my boss can help us with this Avery mess."

"I think it's a good idea. Dr. Deaton would give you a better understanding of what Scott and I are." Isaac told me. "And could possibly help us find your sister."

Well now if I say no to meeting this Deaton dude, I'll look like a bitch.

"Alright." I said, agreeing to meet him. "Is he like a really old werewolf or what? What's so special about him?"

The boys looked hesitant to tell me. 

Isaac cleared his throat. "Uh, that's the thing. He's human."

"Did you guys tell him that werewolves exist?!" 

"Shh, lower your voice. Long story short, he already knew about them. He knows about us, too." Scott said, nodding his head toward Isaac. 

"Do you think he knows anything about Gillyan's pack?"

"Well, we can find out tonight." Stiles said. 

I looked around and saw that the hallways were almost empty. Everyone is leaving for class. 

"Okay guys, I gotta get to class. Scott and I have something to show you at lunch." I said, grabbing my books from my locker. 

Isaac gave me a soft kiss on the lips. "I'll see you later, Ems."

My next class passed by slowly. Not to brag, but school is too easy for me. I got into Yale for god's sake. 

After nearly falling asleep, I heard the bell ring for lunch. There is so much to plan in such little time. I was beginning to feel anxious about calling my parents. Do I really want to hear about what they have to say about Avery? 

I left the classroom and wasn't surprised to see Isaac waiting for me. 

"Don't you get tired of doing this, like, everyday?" I asked, giving him a hug. Ugh, he smelled so good. I didn't want to let go. 

"No, never." He said with a wide grin on his face. "Come on, let's go eat."

"I wish. I have to call my parents and see if they know where Avery is."

I looked at Isaac's face. He seemed like he wanted to ask me something. 

 "Okay, what is it? You seem off." I told him.

He sighed. "Well, I didn't know how to ask this, but could I listen in on the phone call?"

I suddenly found myself internally panicking. Do I really want to show Isaac that side of me? The one where I just suck up to my parents and do what I'm told? I know it's a yes or no question, but I'm scared I'll turn him off. 

He noticed that I was the one off now. We stopped walking and he pulled me close. 

"If it makes you uncomfortable, I understand. It's a private thing- forget I asked."

"No, not at all! It's just that I'm kind of a different person when it comes to my parents."

Isaac pulled me even closer. "That doesn't matter. The way you talk about them... you seem so reserved. But when you're with me, I see all of you. You're happy and free. I want to be with you for this."

I've never felt confident enough to stand up to my parents, but with Isaac there, who knows?

"Okay." I said, nodding at him. 

While everyone was at the cafeteria, Isaac and I found an empty classroom. 

I put my backpack down and thought about the pictures of Avery. I completely forgot that I hadn't shown them to Isaac. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot to show you these."

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused.

I took the photos out of my bag and gave them to him. "Look for yourself."

Isaac looked pretty shocked. 

"Wow... they can actually be photographed. This is kind of amazing."

"I know. And that isn't even the crazy part. They're standing in front of the house I used to live in before moving to La Jolla."

"You're going to ask them about that, huh?" He asked, almost reading my mind. 

"Considering my parents told me that they sold it, yes."

He continued to look at the pictures. "Which one is Avery?"

"The blonde one."

Isaac looked at me. "No way. She looks nothing like you. You're way hotter." He said, flashing me a smile. 

I nudged him. "No time for jokes." I told him. "Let's get this over with." I said, dialing my mom's phone number. 

After a couple rings, she finally picked up. 

"Laura Barnes, how can I help you?" She said in her fakest voice. 

I rolled my eyes. "It's me, Mom."

Her voice turned dull. "Oh, perfect timing, your father is in the room as well." She said. "Andrew, come here, Emily is on the phone. Just say hi at least." I could hear her whisper to him. 

Wow, Dad. I'm feeling the love.

"Hey Emily, it's nice to hear from you. I hope you're loving it up there in Beacon Hills." I heard him say. It sounded like he was across the room. 

Before I could say another word, my mother attempted to cut the call short. 

"Look, it's great that you called, but your dad and I have to get back to work. So unless it's important, we have to go." 

"Actually, it is."

"Well make it quick. Time is money, after all." 

I guess this is code for 'what do you want'.

"I want Dad in on this too."

"Um, okay." She said. She was miles away, but I could tell she was getting suspicious. 

I could hear my dad sigh in the background. "Yep, what do you want? You said it was important."

"I want to know what happened to Avery." I told them- straight up. 

The other line went completely silent. As if they weren't even there. 

Isaac whispered in my ear, trying to be quiet as possible. "I think they might have muted themselves so you can't hear them."

That just angered me. 

"Hello? Do I need to repeat myself again? Where's my sister? What happened to her?" I kept asking, nearly shouting. Isaac was doing his best to calm me down.

My mother finally broke the silence. 

"Your father and I have both decided that the three of us should have this conversation in person."