chapter 13

Scott's POV

As soon as I got home, I went to Emily's room. "Emily?" I asked, softly knocking on her door.

"What do you want?" I heard her ask, even though she was crying. 

"We need to talk," I said.

"There's nothing to talk about, Scott," she said, "just leave." I sighed. I had to explain this to her. She thought that we killed him just for the hell of it.

"If you don't open the door, I'll just rip it off the hinges, Emily," I said. I heard her bed move, and I came face to face with her as the door opened. She looked like a complete mess. Her makeup was smeared all over her face, and her eyes were red. 

"I just want to explain," I said.

"Fine, explain," she said, her face expressionless. I told her all about Gillyan's plan, and how Cody tried to kill Derek. She didn't have much to say after.

"He really changed," she said, sadly. I opened my mouth to respond, but I heard a knock on the front door.

"Hey, Scott?" I heard Isaac ask. 

"Is that Isaac?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, I think so," I said, "just stay here, alright? I'll talk to him."

"But I want to talk to him."

"Okay, but let me open the door first." I said, rolling my eyes.

I ran down the stairs, opened the door, and walked outside, closing the door behind me.

"Is she alright?" he asked.

"She's fine. I explained everything."

"Then can I speak with her?"

"She said doesn't want to see you," I said. I just hoped he couldn't tell if I was lying. 

"She said that?" He asked, looking upset. I nodded.

"Oh," he said, rubbing his neck, "I- uh- I guess I understand. I should probably give her space for now, or something."

"That sounds like a good idea."

I went back into the house, and made my way into Emily's room.

"What did he say?" she asked, quietly.

"Not much. We just talked about Derek."

"He didn't want to come inside, or talk to me or anything?" she asked.

"Oh, about that..." 

"What is it?" she asked, looking worried.

"He, uh, said he didn't really want to speak to you." I said. Her face fell, and I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Why not?"

"He didn't say. He's probably upset because he thinks you still have feelings for Cody."

"That's not true!" she said, getting up, "I have to talk to him."

"Emily, he said he doesn't want to see you. I think we should listen to him." I said.

Sure, I did feel really guilty about lying to both of them, but it had to be done. The last thing I wanted was for Emily to be caught up in all this werewolf drama. She didn't need this in her life. She doesn't need Isaac. 

After the incident, the rest of the weekend went by fast. Emily barely said anything. She's been quiet and upset. When school came, she and Isaac still didn't speak. Sure, they exchanged glances at eachother, and made awkward eye contact in the hallway, but they never actually talked. Until today.