Chapter 20: Take A Break

Start from the beginning

"What is it?

"You're the first person to witness John's power without getting your ass kicked."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"When John's young." William looked at the night sky, "He was a bit of a troublemaker. In a blink, he was already the King of New Bostin."

"No one could take him on. All John would do is copy an ability and kick ass." William sigh.

"Well yeah, I know that." I shrugged.

"Did you know that he was a Tyrant Ruler?" That caught my attention.

"What?"

William looked away in shame, "I know this is a lot to handle, but if one of these days where he gets out of hand-"

"It's okay Will." I place my hand on his shoulder, "I'll take care of John, you have my word." I pumped my fist on my left chest.

William just stood there and smile, "Thank you Aoi... I appreciate that." He turned and walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd POV)

As both Aoi and William separated. William could feel a sense of hope coming off of the blue-headed teen.

He wasn't like any other King, mad with power, unfair to others, and a tyrant.

Aoi was just himself. Loyal to the very end.

William smiled in the taxicab, still remembering Aoi's promise, his right hand curled into a fist as he struck his own left heart. It was a rare sight to see.

The writer turn to the window to stare outside, 'Aoi have this extraordinary ability to overpower others, hell, maybe kick my son's ass. Yet, he kneels down to the bottom of the lower tier pyramid and lifts them up.' He then look upwards with a smile on his face, 'He could just push others, but he chose compassion. He could just leave a losing fight and give up, but he chose to stay. He could've just leave others, but he chose loyalty...'

William looked straight, his face filled with pride, 'John, take good care of yourself and take notes. Aoi isn't going to give you up if you ever fall.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aoi's POV)

"ACHOO!!!" Both John and I sneeze at the same time.

Sera just arch an eyebrow at us.

John made eye contact with me and we both shrugged

I made my way towards the couch, along with John.

"Finally... Finished that assignment." John sat down next to Sera.

"Want us to check it?" I sat down next to John, putting him at the middle.

"Nope, nope, nope! Out of sight, out of mind."

I shrugged, "Was it really that bad?" I heard Sera asked.

"Uh... Yes."

"BS, it was just Statistic." I rolled my eyes

"F*ck you, you're struggling with it too!" He pointed out.

"... At least I don't b*tch about it." I came with an excuse.