Chapter 4: FIND A PARTNER

Chapter 4:

At 8:30 I was freaking out. I couldn't decide what to wear and how to do my hair. Sarah was having the same problem. "Ughh," she said in frustration. I finally decided on a cute sundress with a blue and orange flower print and some brown sandals. I straighted my long brown hair and decided I could use some mascara. Sarah wore a pair of jean shorts and a purple tank top. At 9:00 we walked to Charlie and Michael's room all excited. I knocked on the door and could literally hear my heart beating in my ears. "Hey!" Said Michael. "Hey," sarah and I said in unison. "Come on in". As we walked in, Sarah said she had to use the bathroom. "Ok, but hurry, I need someone I know to be here!" I said. Looking around,there was about 15 people there. And then my eyes stopped. There was Charlie again. I walked up to him and said "Charlie!" He looked up and said, "hey!" "Thanks for inviting me and Sarah." I said. "No problem." He answered shyly. Suddenly a song came on and Michael said grab a partner! Within 5 seconds, it seemed like everyone had a dance partner but me and Charlie. Charlie and I looked at eachother at the same time and laughed. He held out his hand and I put mine in his. Again, he felt warm. I'm sure I felt clammy. The song sounded like one of Charlie's band's songs. I could tell by all the Dr. Who references. The song started out fast and then slowed down. Charlie put his hands gently around my waist and I did the same with my hands on his shoulders. "I have no clue how to Dance." I confessed with a laugh. "Neither do I he said, a smile on his face. We slowly moved back and forth and I layed my head on his shoulders. This caused our bodies to be pressed against each other. I could feel him breathing, his stomach going in and out. "You are a pretty good dancer to me," I said softly. "So are you,"he said. When the song ended, I think we were the last people to separate. I know I didn't want to. I looked and saw Sarah was walking over to me. "Thanks for the dance Charlie." I said smiling. "Thank you," he said. "Were you just dancing with Charlie?!" Sarah asked. "Yeah, I guess I was," I said, as if I couldn't believe it myself. The party went great. I didn't get a chance to talk to Charlie for the rest of the night. That is until, it was time to leave. It was past midnight, and Sarah and I were getting tired. Sarah was saying goodbye to one of the other party guests and I was just standing around when Charlie walked up to me. "Hey, I had fun tonight" he said. "Me too." He gave me a piece of paper with his email and phone number. "So we can get in touch when I go back to London," He said. I took the paper and squeezed it in my hand. We both leaned in closer, and I could feel him breathing again. His lips got closer to mine, and they finally touched. His lips were soft and warm. We slowly kissed for a few minutes but stopped when we heard the door start to open. It was Sarah. "Thanks again for letting us come!" "You're welcome," He said sweetly. "Byeeeee Molly." The way he said Molly was so cute. The American way was to say it like Mawly, but he said it like Mully. Oh so adorable. I didn't tell Sarah that we kissed, but I did tell her that he gave me contact information.