Chapter 20

My hands began to shake. Next thing I knew, my phone clattered to the floor. I ran out the door without a thought about Harry.

I smashed into the door which swung open on contact and I felt my skin hit the cold air.

Before I knew what was going on my body bent over, and I was revisiting my dinner.

It didn't stop. Eventually I felt a pair of strong hands holding my hair back while the vomit continued leaving my mouth.

When it was finally over, I sat down up against the store front and sobbed.

Harry pulled me close to him as the tears streamed down my face

[A/N: hehehe 1D reference(:]

"It's okay, babe, it's all going to be okay" he murmered in my ear.

"But... it's not..." I managed to squeak out inbetween sobs "He could... be dead.."

The thought of that caused a new wave of tears and sobs to burst out of me.

I sat there, in the middle of the street, sobbing into Harry Styles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 10 minutes of still not moving, Harry's strong arms lifted me up bridal style and carried me to the car.

We arrived back at the flat to find Louis, Liam, and Niall pacing.

"Are you okay? You've heard, right? Zayn was in a car crash, they don't know how he is yet, He is on the way to the hospital. We were waiting for you. We need to leave now." Niall was having a word vomit.

The tears found their familiar path down my face as we piled back into the van.

I couldn't stop crying. Even if I tried.

The whole way to the hospital, I silently weeped into Liam's chest. Or at least tried to.

I couldn't believe that Zayn could be dead. That it might be my fault. That my childhood bestfriend was trying to tell me something and couldn't finish. That I was a jerk to him. I completely broke his heart.

It was all my fault.

I drew in another sharp breath. Liam's arms pulled tighter around my small body.

We pulled into the hospital. We all jumped out and Harry threw the keys at the valet.

Louis, Liam, Niall and Harry stood around in front of the doors to the hospital. As soon as I was out of the door, I ran past them yelling "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? GET THE FUCK IN THERE!"

We ran into the main lobby but got stopped by a nurse. "Can I help you?" she said in a calm voice.

"WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS ZAYN? I NEED TO SEE HIM? IS HE OKAY? ZAYN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as the nurse held me back.

A stronger doctor person came and grabbed me around the waist, kicking and screaming. He sat me down in the chair and I obliged.

A new nurse came up to us and started explaining.

"The doctors are doing an initial check on the boy now. He is unconcious. It is very possible that he is in a coma, but that is what the doctors are checking for now. You all need to wait here. Dr. Thompson will be out in a while to give you the news." The nurse turned on her heels and walked off to her position behind the desk.

Harry handed me my phone and sat down next to me. I clicked on twitter to find all the directioners experiencing the confusion.

No one quite knew what happened to Zayn.

Leave it to Cass to tweet it.

@Cass_Johnson: Zayn's been in a horrible car accident. please spread this around and dont make up rumors. I dont how he is yet, but lets #prayforzayn

I slid my phone back into my pocket and Harry put his arm around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cass, wake up, the doctor is here" Harry uttered in my ear.

My eyes snapped open, and in a second I stood up and was shaking the man's hand, who I presumed to be Dr. Thompson.

"Will everyone affiliated with Mr. Malik please follow me." the doctor said, turning around. Soon we were in a small room. We took our seats as Dr. Thompson took a seat behind a desk, which I guess was his.

"So everyone, Zayn is in a lot better condition than we originaly thought he would be. He is, however, in a coma." the doctor paused for a moment, and it sunk in. A single silent tear fell down my face. He then continued. "There is no telling how long he may be like this. He could wake up in a few hours, days, weeks, months, possibly a year. There is no telling how bad the brain damage is until the tests come back, and even then we won't be sure."

I looked up at the boys around me. All had tear trails down their faces, along with the tears.

"Even if Mr. Malik does wake up, we cannot guarantee that he will have his complete memory. He may only remember to a certain age, or he may remember everything up to the accident. It is entirely possible he may not remember anything from One Direction."

As Dr. Thompson finished, the room fell dead silent.

"Zayn is, however, ready for visitors. It is likely that he can hear you, but we can't be sure. He is in room 472. If you would like, you may follow me there. Yoy may also, if you choose, to remain in this room as long as you want."

The doctor came from around his desk as Harry and I stood up, ready to follow him. Niall simply stared into his lap, Liam had his hands on his face, and Louis sat staring into space, as if in a trance.

The door opened and we followed the man in the white lab coat down the sickeningly clean smelling hallway until we reached room 472.

Harry and I were left to enter the room alone.

I walked in first, in front of Harry, to be confronted with Zayn's bruised, lifeless body.

Time seemed to stop, nothing moved, except for the barely noticable rise and fall of Zayn's chest.

________________________________

I cried 4 times while writing this chapter. Please let me know how many times you cried. I'm curious at how much this means to you.

i love you all <3