3. Friday Night Lights

Clarke POV

We just arrived at the school. Lexa gives me my ticket, I wish her good luck then she goes into the locker room. I walk over to the gate and they rip my ticket and let me in. Wow!Soccer here is really like a college or professional game. I go find a seat in the bleachers as no one is really here yet. I go high in the middle right in front of the press box.

A while later more people filled the stands and the grounders were coming to warm up

A while later more people filled the stands and the grounders were coming to warm up. At first I don't see Lexa but then I see her walking onto the field with a big smile on her face. After a bit of warming up and drills the team goes back inside. The other team comes out to warm up. When they're done they go into their locker room. It's finally time for the game to start. Arkadia runs out of their locker room and onto their side of the field. Finally Polis runs out running through a giant banner jumping and yelling. Lexa as the captain leads the team. As they're running out Bellamy comes to sit next to me.

"Hey Clarke!" He gives me a quick hug then sits.

"Hey! Are you excited? It's supposed to be a good game!" He smiles at me and tells me how he's not excited. Lexa walks out to the middle of the field and meet the refs and the other team. They all shake hands then comes the coin flip. I obviously can't see what happens so we'll wait and see for kickoff. Polis is kicking off and the game begins. The game is tied at 0 in the first half. There's six minutes left of the first half and Polis is in possession of the ball. Octavia runs out to the field 'cause she just got subbed back in. The other team has a thrown in and Octavia intercepts it. She has the ball and dribbles up the field. Lexa being a forward is already breaking towards the goal. Octavia passed to Lexa, and Lexa shoots the ball. It goes into the top left corner of the goal.

I jump up and start screaming. "Yeah Lexa! Wooo!"

Bellamy stands up and starts clapping. Just before we sit down he intertwines our fingers. I pull my hand back and put it in my pocket. They don't let the other team score the rest of the half. So at the ends of the first half the score is 1-0 Polis. As the team walks off the field for halftime I get up and go to the concession stand to get a pretzel and a soda. Bellamy comes next to me in line.

"Hey Clarke!"

"Um hi." I say uncomfortably

"So your first game at Polis what do you think so far?" He asks me.

"Think of what? The town?" He nods. "It's great. I like it here, the people are nice, schools good, so yeah."

He nods again and quickly leans in and kisses me. I push him back. "Bellamy you need to stop! Your pushing it. I told you I have a boyfriend during lunch."

"Well he's not here!" He says back angrily.

"That doesn't mean he doesn't exist!"

"Yeah, sure."He says sarcastically and walks away.

After that I walk back to where I was sitting on the bleachers. The second half is about to start. Arkadia is kicking the ball to start the second half. They kick it and do some passing.  The ball goes back and forth between the two teams for a bit with no shots. The other team has the ball and passes it up the field. Polis defense can't stop them off the breakaway. The girl shoots and scores. Now it's tied 1-1. After 20 minuets it's still tied. There's a few minuets left and Lexa has the ball. She looks for someone to pass to. No ones open so she runs it herself. Lexa runs up the field doing tricks to get around the defense. Lexa is past them it's just her and the goalie now. Lexa shoots and it hits the crossbar of the goal and bounces back right in front of her. She kicks it again and it goes in the goal in the bottom corner. Polis all runs to their goalie. They all give each other hugs and high fives. After this they run into the locker room and the stands clear out. I slowly make my way over to the locker room exit. When I get there I already see Lexa, she has her back to me so she has no idea I'm coming up behind her. I jump on her back.

"What the fuck?" She says quickly then turns her head to see me. "Oh my, you scared the shit out of me!" I laugh at this.

"To the diner we go!" I say. She laughs at this then walks to her car with me still on her back. "You did good today Lex!"

"Thank you!" We get to her car and I jump off her back. We both get in her car and she drives to the diner. We pull in the parking lot and get out. We walk into the building and Lexa is immediately greeted by an older man.

"Lexa! Is it good to see you dear!"

The man comes over and pulls Lexa into a hug. I look at her confused. She just looks at me and smiles. I relax a little bit. "It's good to see you too sir!"

"Lexa we talked about this! It's Charlie!" He chuckles at her.

"Right I'm sorry. Well, Charlie this Clarke."

Charlie gives Lexa a puzzled look then smiles at me. "Nice to meet you Clarke!" He shakes my hand. "Lexa, dear, I assume your usual table?"

She nods and he leads us to a booth in the back. "Well for someone who is very popular, why do you sit in the back?"

"I'm a social floater. I fit into all the groups. Jocks, nerds, populars, musicians."

"That's really cool Lex! If I do say so it's admirable."

Before Lexa can say anything the waitress comes over and asks us what we want to order. She flirts with Lexa a little bit. I don't know why it just bothers me a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll stop here for now and finish their dinner in the next chapter.