Accepting Brothers - Roman & Logan & Virgil & Patton

Start from the beginning

Finishing the food, he sighed, bringing the plate to the kitchen. He supposed he would never know until he found out, but he wouldn't tell them at the same time, maybe on different days.

Yeah...that could work.

The next Monday after school, Roman dropped off his bag in his room and gracefully swooped down the hallway, pausing outside of his younger brothers room. During the day, he decided to tell Virgil first - Logan was also a likely candidate but with Virgil he could get his opinion to see if he should tell Patton.

Knocking on the dark wood, the music Virgil enjoyed that no one else seemed to stopped, and after a bit of shuffling it opened a crack, the smaller boy looking up at Roman - who was only one year older - with his dark brown eyes, black bangs covering most of his face down to his cheek bones.

"Sup"

"Ah, nothing much...Sup with you, Virrrrrrge" he dragged out awkwardly, gaining a risen eyebrow and narrowed eyes. "Fine...? What do you want?"

"Okay..." sighing, Roman holding his arms behind his back, smiling. "May I come in?"

After a pause, Virgil stepped out of the way, letting Roman slide in and close the door behind him. Before he flopped onto his bed again, Roman grabbed his shoulder gently, turning him around.

"I know you are one for your personal space but...would it be okay if I had a hug?"

Confusion and a little worry flashed through Virgil's eyes as he saw the desperate and sad emotions swimming through his contrasting bright brown eyes, compared to his own black as night pair. "I....sure?" He responded, underlying questioning tone. He didn't mind, yes being held and touched was never a favourite of his, but from his brothers - people he trusted and loved - he didn't mind, but he was a bit awkward as to his memory Roman has never asked for a hug.

Usually, he pulls Virgil in for one if something were to happen that a hug was needed for afterwards. Never a hug out of the blue.

Throwing his phone wrapped in the earphone wire onto his bed, he stretched up a bit to wrap his long sleeve covered arms around his torso, resting his head on his shoulder as Roman hugged him back, arms resting tightly just above his waist, face hidden in his warm jacket. "What's up?" Virgil mumbled into his clothes, Roman only tightening his grip.

It was a ...just-in-case hug....just in case Virgil never talked to him again.

He wanted to do it for all his brothers, scared upon how Logan would react to a hug.

Finally pulling back, Roman pushed his hair to the side, smiling at Virgil who was still cautious and concerned.

"So...?"

"Let's sit down" petting Virgil's bed, Roman gingerly took a seat, fiddling with his sleeves as Virgil moved beside him, eyes focused on him.

"I love you, Virgil"

"I...I love you too, now tell me what's wrong" Virgil said firmly, shuffling closer to Roman who let his head hang down, eyes closed.

"I'm sorry" he cleared his throat, looking anywhere but Virgil.

"I'm...gay, Virgil...." he drifted, tensing his entire body as he waited for a response. Unsettling silence followed, panic crawling it's way up his spine, suffocating him as he started to gulp in air-

"Roman!...breathe..breathe..." Virgil coaxed, Roman finally gulping in a large breath of air, wavering as he let it out. With Virgil's comforting hand on his back, Virgil tilted his head to he stared at his younger brother.