1

(do point out my typos/mistakes)

c h a p t e r : o n e

The airport bus dropped us all to the hotel. It was an okay looking hotel, not very fancy and definitely not like some bad motel we see on tv. Currently we all are in hotel lobby where names are being called to assign room. Looking around I think what have I gotten myself into. My original plan was go straight to college, graduate and be rich without being interrupted by anyone.

"Mia Walkin, room 234," I came to present with my name being called. I went to grab my keys politely thanking the women behind the desk.

"Room 234?" A guy called out when I was going towards the elevator.

"Yeah" I said more like asked unsure of why a hot guy would approach me.

"Great! Let's go," he said getting into the elevator. I smiled and got in a little to happy.

"I'm Derek Miles."

"Mia," I said smiling, shaking his outstretched hand.

Somehow he also got out in second floor. I figured that his room is also in this floor. I went forward to search for my room.

When I finally found it, I was about to bring the key to keyhole a voice spoke.

"Here, let me."

I turn around finding Derek who move to the door and opens it. With a key. That has a 234 tag on it. I gasp realizing what this all mean. Suddenly I felt dumb, surely they weren't going to give a whole room to me.

"You coming? " he asks holding the door open with amusement clear in his voice because of my shock.

I get into the room and yawn looking at it. I gasp as I see there is only one bed in the room.

I sigh suddenly feeling like going back home not coming again and to just sleep in my bed for an infinite period of time.

"You can sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the couch," Derek says moving the extra sheets to the couch and then going to the restroom.

While I stay on my spot in awe with my internal voice chanting. What a gentleman! Just like they are in books. Totally boyfriend material.

******

After doing my night routine I lay in bed thinking that I'll sleep at once after a long day.

But after a lot of shuffling, I realized I am not going to sleep like this anytime soon. The reason arived at my brain like a bulb suddenly lighting. It was because I couldn't cuddle my teddy bear.

Yeah. I Mia, has been sleeping with my teddy all my life since I remember.

Hey, don't judge me, after a long hectic day laying with ur teddy really helps, it almost feels like there's a person holding onto you saying 'it's ok, it's gonna be okAy, u got this, we are through this together. We got this.'

Getting an evil idea I glance to the couch seeing his relaxed back so I assume he is asleep.

At least I have someone to cuddle.

I slowly move closer to him and lay beside him on the couch and hug his back.

"Wow, what are you doing?" he said turning back.

Realizing that I'm caught red handed, and can't back off now, I hide my head on the crook of his neck.

"I can't sleep."

"Me neither," he says snuggling closer to me.

*******

A/N
thank you for reading this! i hope you like it. pls answer the questions down below.

how was the chapter?

any critique?

p.s. one moment I'm liking the quarantine because I don't have to go to school and the next i don't like it and want to go to school.
anyone feel the same?