.:Chapter 19:.

Tw: Verbal + physical abuse, manipulation, breaking and entering oOF, panic attack, kinda hyperventilation, self deprecation, sexual harassment, and general heartbreak. Also blood. :)
The calm didn't last long. Not long after the two arrived home, Michael's mother arrived there too, looking for her son. Upon hearing the pounding on the front door, not even a full five minutes after they'd gotten back, startling (Y/N). They couldn't think of who it'd be, but after seeing their friend's terrified face, they knew. They opened the door, and their home's once welcoming atmosphere quickly faded into that of dreadful. The woman in front of (Y/N) was dressed sharp—in a casual businesslike outfit—dark hair cut into a short bob, ends pointing towards her face as if devilish, a glare. Her appearance seemed even more hell-like since she was wearing and favoured red. "Where's Michael?" They shifted their weight onto their left foot, moving their right behind it, and leaned somewhat on the door. "He's not here," they concluded. Or so they thought. She stepped closer, gaze growing more intense. "Yes. He is." They stepped back, intimidated slightly by the woman in front of them.

Michael was behind the door, shaking, and silently crying. He held his hands over his mouth and nose to muffle the sound of any sniffles and/or whimpers. (Y/N) started to close the door. "I'm sorry, Gayle, but he's not here—" they tried. She stopped the door from shutting. "Listen here, kid. You're going to tell me where my son is. Got it?" They swallowed back vomit, scared for their friend's safety. "I'm not letting you in. And... and I have a phone. I can call the police." Gayle didn't stand down. Instead, she smirked. "Ha! You think they'll believe some puny little kid? I'm the adult here. And..." She glanced around the inside of their rental home. "We're doing much better than you. Financially." That one kind of stung. Their mom was working three jobs! And was still earning only close to a hundred above minimum wage! The SQUIP materialized out of the view of Gayle, confused as to what was happening, but catching on instantly. '(Y/N), why is this woman here,' he asked. There was no time to answer. The devil-like woman in front of them burst through the door, creating a loud pound against the wood, startling Michael, making him jump and yelp aloud. Her plump, red coated lips curled into a smirk. "And you said he wasn't here. Your mother won't like that you've been keeping someone's son from her," she said, somewhat tauntingly. "Especially since you lied about his being here."

Their face was hot with tears forming from fear. How could their best friend have survived this long, living with this woman? They glanced worriedly at Michael who had been trying to stop himself from hyperventilating. "You aren't going to touch him." The woman glared intensely, dark mahogany eye shadow making her eyes seem like daggers shining in the darkness. She grabbed them by the collar, choking them as she lifted them ever so easily off of the ground. "Where is my son, bitch?" They shook their head slightly, struggling to breathe. She threw them to the floor, away from their endangered friend. The coughed as they gained their breath again, staring in fright as the tall female stared down at her whimpering son. Smiling in a fake relief, she got sat down on her knees. "Where have you been? You had me worried sick, you know." Tears poured down his face, as he nodded slowly. She turned to look at (Y/N), eyes dark. "Can you believe this little shit? He runs away for the entire day, and doesn't come home in time to watch the house as I work my ass off to keep our home." They'd realized only now the burning hot tears flowing down their face, and wiped them harshly. The SQUIP couldn't do anything but watch in horror as Gayle (who was now also crying) grabbed Michael by the arm tightly, and pulled him up. She let go of his arm, hands now delicately placed around his face. "Come on, sweetie. Let's go home. Your brother said he'd be visiting. Don't you want to see your brother, Mikey?' He shook his head no, eyes displaying sheer terror. She gripped his face tighter. "Don't you," she spat, voice seemingly laced with venom. He nodded this time, sobbing harder. She smirked. "Good boy." She gripped him by the hood, and started to take him to her car. She stopped and looked at the trembling teen she'd just left, and frowned. "Keep your mouth shut." She opened the back car door of her Versa Note, and threw Michael in, making him hit his nose on the seat. She scoffed as he felt his now bleeding nose, before getting in herself, and driving off.

Even more fiery tears burned their way down (Y/N)'s face. They sat silently in shock of what just occurred, their brain unable to even process the events. Once it finally did, it was 10 minutes later, and the tears had stopped. But having processed it just made more come. They stood up quickly, not noticing the also crying SQUIP beside them. "I should've, no, I could have helped him! Why didn't I do anything? What the fuck?! Why was I such a useless shit? Why?" The fell down to their knees, this time just out of loss of energy. "Why can't I do anything right? Michael was right there, I just—!" They cut themselves off, breathing regularly becoming a feat on its own. Their breathing quickened, a river of constant tears rushing down their cheeks. The SQUIP broke his helpless trance, and realized the quickness of their breath, and knelt beside them. He rested a warm hand on their back and started rubbing circles. 'There wasn't much you could do. You were in shock, and overpowered. All you can do now is contact social services. They can get Michael away from that woman.' They nodded, practicing their breathing exercises. "Thank you," they whispered, voice leaving them. 'You're welcome.' The supercomputer noticed the still flowing waterfall of tears going down their face, and tried wiping them, only for those tears to be replaced with new ones. The two stayed there like that: front door open, screen door closed, and comforting each other.

Hours had passed, and their mom arrived, finally. They perked their head up at the sight of her car in the night. Their mom noticed their (son/daughter/child) in the doorway, and rushed to them, not even parking in the driveway, before running up to (Y/N). "Sweetie? What's wrong? Are you okay? Where's Michael?" The hot tears rushed back, building up heavily. "Gayle took him... She hurt us... Gave Mike a bloody nose. We have to get him away from her, Mom... She'll kill him if we don't." The tears poured down again, and their mother shushed their sobs, wiping the tears away every chance she got. "I'll call social services. Okay?" They nodded, sobbing loudly now. "How could she do that, Mom? He's so sweet..." She shushed them again, embracing them. "We can get him away from her. We can. And we will..."

((Okay that's it. I'm not even supposed to be up. I have a test today.  I hope you liked it. Even though there was some Michael abuse. :') But just a little background knowledge on Gayle Mell, Michael's mom, first. Gayle has diagnosed depression and bipolar disorder, so off to a great start. She also lies as much as she can to protect herself, and it's so bad, it's pathological. For example, she lied to Michael's brother's father by putting him under the impression that she was over 18 years old when he was 28. She was 16 at the time. They dated for a year, and she became pregnant with Michael's brother at 17. She sexually harassed his brother one night, drunk, thinking he was his father because of how alike they looked. (As soon as his brother saw the opportunity, he left for college, sadly having to leave behind Michael, because school cost so much already and he couldn't support the both of them. He does visit though. But only at a certain location with Mike secretly because his mother was too much to be around.) Gayle has manipulated Michael into thinking that she loves him, even though she's so dismissive of his existence until it really matters to her. She works in real estate, and while she knows to dress business, she likes to dress casual business so that potential buyers don't get too intimidated by her. She married Michael's mother not long before he was born, and her spouse divorced her after she started to take out her insecurities on their son. And yeah, that's all I've got for now. I'll have a more regular schedule next month. If I have motivation, though. Have a nice dusk/morning/day/afternoon/dawn/evening/night.))

((Edit: A visual reference for Gayle! Yey!

Almost forgot to put that in this! :p))