.:Chapter 10:.

(Y/N) opened the auditorium door, to see Jeremy talking with Christine. "Looks like that's going well for him..." they thought. They walked to the front row, sat down at the left end, and started pretending to check a text on their phone. SQUIP appeared again beside them, arms crossed as they pretty much were eavesdropping on Jeremy and Christine's conversation.

"Let's begin, people! Curtains rise on Athens... Georgia. The Center for Disease Control," Mr. Reyes said, beginning the rehearsals. The cast walked on stage, and held their scripts. Jenna began the scene. "Now fair Hippolyta, our nuptial hour draws aspace. Bring me Patient Zero," she read aloud. Chloe looked at her, bored. "Cough." Jenna snickered a little, but Brooke continued on.

(Y/N) rested their face in their hands, bored with the rehearsals. "Why is it that we can't just do a modern play? I'm sure that would make it so that the drama club can keep their funds..." they said to their self. 'Well, you don't have to stay here the entire time. You can go to the bathroom, or to the water fountain for a little bit,' their SQUIP suggested. (Y/N) looked at him in confusion. "Why would I go to the water fountain? And wouldn't people think I'm weird? Going into the bathroom and not coming back out for a while," they thought. He shrugged. 'You seem to be bored, so just tried recommending popular places that people hang out.'

Randomly, Jeremy yelled out in excitement, "REALLY?!" Everyone in the auditorium looked at Jeremy, as his face flushed a bright red colour. "Ah, Mr. Heere! I believe that your script is closed! Which I assume means you've remembered your entire part. Please recite it for us," Mr. Reyes said in return to Jeremy's outburst. But the brunette just stood there, frozen. "Oh no, Jeremy you can't have stage fright right now," they thought, worried about their friend. Then Jeremy rose, and recited his entire part, a look of nervousness still on his face. He sat back down, his face still that bright red. Mr. Reyes then went on about taking from Jeremy's example of dedication.

"That was not my best friend," (Y/N) whispered, even though they knew it was his SQUIP. 'SQUIPs are designed to improve one's life. Jeremy became nervous to speak, so his SQUIP helped him out.' They chuckled quietly, a light blush creeping onto their face. "I know. I was just pointing out the obvious, cause why not?" He blushed a little too, and said, 'I knew that.' They crossed their arms, and watched the teens on the stage halfheartedly acting out Mr. Reyes's version of a Shakespearean play gone wrong. After a little bit, Mr. Reyes announced whatever he called a 'Hot- Pocket Break', and SQUIP's blush went away.

They smiled a little. "Hey, can I ask something?" the (H/C) haired (boy/girl/non-binary) thought to him. Their SQUIP nodded, wondering where this conversation might go. "Say there's this person you've known for a little while... And you're used to thinking about him in a certain way. From what he had he showed you. And then he goes from a guy that you would never in your life be into.. Into a guy that you would kind of be into. Is he worth it.. SQUIP,"they asked, looking at him. He blushed a little deeper. 'Are they talking about me..? I can't actually be... Can I...' he asked himself silently so that they couldn't hear.

'Why wouldn't he be?' he replied, after gathering his thoughts. "Say there's this person that you never thought you knew that well..." SQUIP blushed even more. "I thought that I had him Peggy- ed but now I can tell he's gone from a guy that I'd never be into... Into a guy that, y'know.. I'd kind of be into. Is he worth it, SQUIP," thy thought on. His eyes lit up a bit. 'Absolutely!'

Their smile faded a bit. "I don't always relate to other people, except through video games and musicals, with the occasional TV show or book mixed in.. There are so many changes that I'm going through... But.. Why am I telling this to you," they asked, a small blush creeping onto their face. "I guess a part of me likes to talk to you. Or sit with you. Who knew," they thought happily.

Mr. Reyes interrupted, announcing the 'Hot- Pocket Break' over. Sighing, (Y/N) looked back at the stage, a hazy look in their eyes, as if dreaming. "Back to play rehearsals.. I know that it's weird but it's true..." He looked at them, still blushing. "The guy that I'd kind of be into.." they began. 'The guy that you would kind of be into...?" he urged them. "Is... Jeremy." SQUIP could practically hear his virtual heart shatter. 'But he likes Christine.' Sighing, they slouched, and rested their head back onto the seat. "I know..." they whispered to themselves.