.:Chapter 15:.

The thought had never occurred to him. He'd been feeling more feelings than his programmers intentions, and he could.. Cry? It was a weird thing, to think about the possibility of his being as defective. Why hadn't the thought occurred to him before? Was he not supposed to realize that he could (potentially) be defective? Was this his programmers' intentions? Or was he never supposed to have been distributed? The thoughts would have continued if he hadn't been brought back to his senses. "SQUIP? You okay," they thought, suddenly passive again. He nodded slowly, before realizing what was going to happen in no less than five minutes. 'Get out.' Alert, (Y/N) looked at him concerned. "Why," they thought. 'Don't ask. You and Michael need to get out of the house. Now.' Nodding, they turned to Michael. "We have to leave." He looked back at them, worried. "What? Why?" (Y/N) shruuged, and said, "My SQUIP said so and it seemed really urgent so we need to get out of here now."

But it was too late. Screams rang throughout the house as it started to catch fire, and people ran out. Lucky for them, there was a large tree in front of the window. (Y/N) opened it and then pulled Michael over to it. "Like old times?" He nodded, smiling just slightly. The climbed out of the window, and grabbed a closeby, sturdy branch, and they both climbed down quickly. "Did you bring your car?" Michael nodded. "Okay, and I have my mom's. Come over to my house, it's closer," they finished. He nodded quickly, and they both grabbed their cars, and drove quickly from the burning house. Whilst in the car, (Y/N) called the police, and informed them of the fire, as well as the address. Not long later, they pulled up to their house, Michael not far behind them. They both parked, got out quickly, and met each other in the driveway. "So we can't let my mom know we'd just escaped a highly dangerous and fire ridden house, or she'll freak." SQUIP looked at them confused. 'What. Why did you use such an outdated term?' Ignoring him, the two walked slowly to (Y/N)'s house, and discussed what they should and shouldn't tell about the party.

Opening the door, they were almost instantly greeted by (Y/N)'s mother. She looked pretty happy. "Hi! How was the party? What happened? What went down? Tell me everything!" Her enthusiasm to know how her (son/daughter/child) did at the party was slightly overwhelming. "It was... great. We aren't going to be hanging out with Jeremy anymore, and Michael's gonna stay the night, cause it's really late, and his house was much farther away." She understood. Completely. No questions were asked. She let them walk right upstairs, and to (Y/N)'s room, where they pulled out a mattress from underneath their bed. After some setting up, they compromised that Michael would sleep on (Y/N)'s bed, while they slept on the pullout mattress. (Y/N) lent Michael a pair of their dad's old shorts, and the two went to bed not long after.

"... Do you... sleep," they asked their SQUIP aloud, after noticing Michael had fallen asleep. He was sitting beside them, just looking at them as their eyes were shut tight in an attempt to make themselves fall asleep. 'No. But I can go into a "sleep mode" of sorts, which, in a way, is similar to sleeping. You do understand that I just want what's best for you, correct?' They nodded. "I just don't know... Maybe I shouldn't have gotten you... It seems like since Jeremy and I bought you and his, nothing but bad things have happened.. So how can I trust you?" It hurt him to hear that. He really did want the best for them, but they were right. Things weren't going as he had anticipated. 'If you ever want to deactivate me, Mountain Dew Code Red is the way. (It's not and never has been Mountain Dew Red),' he said, sadly. "Why are you telling me this?" He sighed. 'In case you're ever sure that I was a mistake.' It hurt him even more just to say that. He didn't want it to be true. He needed it to not be true. He didn't want to be a mistake easily fixed. He liked them. He... loved them. (Or whatever the closest thing possible to love he could 'feel'. That is what he was 'feeling'... right?)

But what they said next made him feel much better. "I... I think I'm positive that you're not..." He smiled widely, but then checked himself. 'Really?' They nodded, and sat up, eyes now open, and looking at him. "You've been here for me, despite the fact that you've told me to say that I pretty much hate myself which may or may not be true, who knows, but overall... You seem pretty..." Their mind raced with many adjectives describing what he was to them. One word caught his interest, though. 'Hot'. Interesting. "Chill." If he had an actual heart, it would be pounding so loud, that everyone around him could hear. Like in cartoons. 'I'm glad that you think I'm chill. And apparently... hot.' He whispered that last bit. A blush had creeped onto his face a while ago, somehow without him noticing. They were blushing now too. "What?!" They buried their face in their hands. "Shit, I forgot you can hear my thoughts," they whisper-yelled. He raked a hand through his hair, embarrassed of his own abilities. 'Sorry. I can go to "sleep" if you want—' he started. They shook their head. "It's fine. I just... didn't think you heard that..."

They looked back at Michael sleeping. "Do you wanna... try that kiss again...?" He looked straight through them, and his form glitched. His whole face was now a blushing mess, and he glitched again before disappearing. "I think I broke him."