» chapter 36 «

-

-

When Evie awoke, she walked downstairs to get herself a blood bag, but was soon stopped by a vampire speeding past her.

Elena then came running from the basement, a shocked expression on her face. "Oh, Evie. Hi," She greets her softly.

Evie sent Elena a questioning look before following where the other vampire had gone. She walked to the front door to see Elijah crouching outside.

"Elijah?" She asks in shock, turning to see Elena run to them. Elena gives the Salvatore an apologetic glance.

When Elijah sees Elena, he gets up and rushes at her to enter but freezes at the threshold, unable to cross.

"What happened?" Elijah demands to know.

Elena presses her pointer finger to her lips, "Shh!"

Elena shows Elijah that Stefan and Damon can hear and she whispers. "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?"

Elijah narrows his eyes at the brunette doppelgänger. "Can I trust you?"

In response, Elena pulls out the dagger and hands it over to Elijah. Evie stares between the two in confusion.

"Seriously, what is going on?"

Elijah smiled at the girl and motioned for her to follow him. Evie looked to Elena, only to have the girl shrug at her eyes.

-

Elena is driving and parks her car at the side of the road. Elijah is next to her drinking blood from a blood bag with Evie in the backseat with a blood bag of her own.

"You look better," Elena comments.

Elijah glances at the doppelgänger with curiosity set in his expression. "Where did you get the dagger?"

Elena sighs at his question. "I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word."

Evie pulled away from her blood bag with a slight laugh. "I believe your ability to make demands has long passed, Elena."

Elena shot Evie a glare as to tell the vampire that she wasn't helping. "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours," She told Elijah.

"And why should I even consider this?"

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you." Elena's phone then buzzes with a phone call from Stefan.