» chapter 26 «

Evie was woken up when Damon barged into her room with a smile. "Wake up, Evie dear!"

Evie rolled over with a groan, throwing the cover over her head as she was sad and just wanted to stay in bed all day. "No."

Damon sighed and ripped the blankets off of Evie, causing her to be wrapped in the cold air. "Hey!" She screamed out in anger.

"Wake up and come downstairs, now," He ordered and left the room with her blanket.

Evie walked out of her room and went to Damon's room, climbing into his bed with her eyes closed in content.

As soon as her body hit the bed, her hands shot out to find the covers and she ended up empty handed. Evie sat up with open eyes and saw that his bed had no sheets or covers whatsoever.

"Nice try, but I already knew you were coming here," Damon said with a smirk when he walked into the room.

"Here." He threw a pile of clothes at her before leaving the room again.

With a sigh, Evie got dressed and headed downstairs, just to be met by the view of Elena and Rose.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real," Rose started speaking as soon as Elena and Evie sat down on the couch.

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend," Evie said.

Stefan nods before adding, "From the first generation of vampires."

Elena looks at them with a frown. "Like Elijah?"

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal," Rose states, looking frightened just by talking about him.

Stefan and Evie roll their eyes in sync, "Klaus is known to be the oldest."

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena looks at Rose expectantly, an unbelieving expression placed on her face.

"Yes."

"No."

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon started just the be cut off by Rose with a glare.

"Which it is."

Damon rolled his eyes, "And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not."

Damon looked back at Elena with a smirk, "Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

Stefan sighed, his arms crossed as they usually are. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of," Evie added with uncertainty in her eyes.

Damon scoffed, not believing it. "That's not helping."

Stefan rolled his eyes at the twins' bickering. "Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story."