» chapter 35 «

-

-

Evie let out a sigh of annoyance, having to wait outside as Elena signed the papers to get ownership over her house.

She wasn't up for the idea, nor did she want the brunette doppelgänger to have the ability to control if Evie can enter the home.

"You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked his siblings.

"She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so..." Stefan told his brother.

"We just need to find him."

Stefan nodded, his expression showing that he was deep in thought. "Yeah."

"Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?" Evie asked.

Stefan sighed, "Nope. Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked."

"Do you think he killed her?" Damon smirked at the thought, almost letting out a laugh.

"Katherine? Probably."

Evie scoffed, shaking her head. "It's not like she didn't have it coming. But I am curious about Daniel. For all we know he didn't do anything wrong except follow Katherine."

The door opens before the brothers could respond and reveals a smiling Elena as the lawyer walks away. "Thank you, Mr. Henry."

Stefan and Damon walk to the threshold but an invisible force keeps them out, causing Evie to stifle a laugh.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot." Elena looks at Stefan first.

"Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you," Stefan smiles and walks into the house.

Damon groaned as Elena then looked at him. "What are we, twelve?"

Elena smiled. "One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"

"No."

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?"

Damon rolled his eyes, "Yes, Elena. Sure."

Elena moved to the side to let him in. "Then please, come in."