❦ - seventeen.

"what in the actual-" riley cut her sentence short when she spotted ethan on her bed while her room was decorated with balloons and presents. she placed her bags down, looking around her room curiously.

she was coming back from her mini birthday photoshoot with cleo and eyndia. she actually had nothing to do for her birthday but apparently her close friends had figured it out for her and told her not to worry.

"hey, riles." ethan grinned, his head propped up on his hand and his other on his hip. riley should've known something was up when she didn't hear from him after school.

she walked over to him slowly, still looking at everything. it was just the fact he was chilling on her bed without her. "hey ethan."

"damn. baby you look great." ethan sat up, scanning her outfit which was different from the one she wore to school earlier. sometimes riley couldn't can't tell if he mean that because he says it all the time or she actually looks like something for once.

"yeah, eyndia and cleo took pictures of me. they turned out really good." she told him as she leaned her legs on the bed and she stood between his. standing closer to him she only noticed how good he looked as well.

ethan nodded as she began to lean on him and he embraced her in his arms. "sixteen where?"

"funny. so what's planned?" she questioned putting her arms around his neck, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

he stared at the pretty girl in front of him with a teasing smile playing on his lips. "there's plans?"

"i know you too well that you don't have something planned." riley rolled her eyes playfully.

"well of course there's plans for my baby. just not that much today."

"elaborate please." she laid her head on his shoulder, listening to what he had to say next. he only held her closer if that was possible.

"i'm stealing you tomorrow. i believe your parents want to take you out for dinner tonight. they would like me to be there though." he explained trying to contain his excitement before he ended up spoiling what they would do tomorrow.

"you really talked to my parents about this? i like it, no ones ever really done anything like this." riley glanced around her room. even though most of the decorations were pink she still found a way to like it.

"yeah, well having your dad as one of my teacher really pays off." ethan shrugged, sending a short kiss to riley's lips.

he really enjoyed the fact he that he could do so much and riley would still be pleased. ethan was really hoping to make riley's surprise party the best.

✧.*

so far dinner was going by smoothly. like every other birthday riley had felt awkward when they sung happy birthday to her. she never knew where to look or whether to just smile or laugh. it was now time for gifts as khalil was trying to convince ethan why his gift would be better. cleo was there as well because riley considered her family.

"i'm pretty sure you should open mine first because i knew you first." khalil handed her his gift. he was super proud of his gifts. hearing her complain about not having enough he definitely knew what to get her.

khalil had got her a new set of art supplies and face care stuff, knowing his sister too well. "wow, thanks khalil." riley was very appreciative of this since she's been wanting for a while now.

"no need to thank me." khalil crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back in his seat. confidence level most likely on a hundred.

"are you ready for mine?" ethan questioned the birthday girl sitting next to him. riley had a strong feeling he wasn't going to disappoint.

"duh, of course." she said making him chuckle, giving her the gift.

ethan's gift was a heart locket with a small picture of them two in it. "aww it's beautiful, i love it."

"there's more for you tomorrow." he whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek. he then proceeded to place the necklace around her neck.

"isn't that cute." mrs. mitchell gushed over the sight of her daughter and ethan. riley was pretty sure her cheeks were overheated at this point. cleo laughed at her best friend, nudging her side.

mr. mitchell agreed before grabbing the decorated gift bag. "best for last right?" he teased, looking at ethan.

ethan only shrugged. "i'll let that slide for today."

"here's our gift, honey." riley's mother handed the gift bag over to her. riley knew her parents went all out whenever it came to birthday gifts as well but even when she saw the present she was still surprised.

"mom, dad, this is- i'm actually just speechless. thank you." her eyes lit up and she smiled even when it started to hurt. the gift was a brand new macbook pro, a kanji pendant, and a personalized journal.

"we knew you'd like it." her dad admitted. he really couldn't believe his sweetheart was getting older and more mature.

riley smiled at her family, pulling cleo to her side into a hug as she was taking selfies. "i do. this was an amazing night guys, i really had fun."

+ +

ethan not dumb y'all
i know ya wanted my mans to cheat

ok but kiya is how i've always imagined riley bc once again i'm so indecisive. but like literally kiya's smile just screams riley to me. i dunno.

i hope there's not any mistakes oops